R.I.P. My Lupo

JB1.0e

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell mate. That's so lucky! Obviously when you're over the trauma and everything u shud take comfort in the fact that u shud be able 2 sue that foreign prick for a fair wedge. As said before though.... Not gonna get into the whole foreign thing, it's a can of

worms probably best left closed. Most important thing is you're ok.

It really brings it home when someone involved in an accident like this is someone you know of, rather than just an unknown person on the news. I'm genuinely glad you got out of as lightly (all things considered :o ) as you did. Hope you have a quick recovery.

Also it is a real shame about the Lupo, it was meticulously maintained. At least you had the pleasure of owning it for 5 years. It would be nice if you got another :)

:o I thought the worst when I saw those pictures, doesnt look possible to be able to survive that.

Excellent that you got out with relitively minor injury given the accident, thats amasing.

I think it was more good luck than a test of the cars strength, but it really did you well. Thank god you were not carrying any passengers.

Edited by cardaft

Oh my god.. I seen this on the news..

Thank god your ok.. But i know how you feel.. when my little lupo was written off i really didnt care about the whole "At least your ok thats the main thing" talk.. i just wanted my pride & joy back..

Best thing you can do i think is go get yourself another.. will take time but its a start

x

glad to see your ok from that awful smash. I echo everyones responses on how well the Lupo stood up to the impact. I suggest you contact Volkswagen and show them, tell them how you intend to get another Lupo even after that horrid accident, you may get a bonus from them!

I fully intend to send a letter to Volkswagen to thank them. I think it would have been worse for me if the HGV had not also landed on the recovery vehicle in front of me.

Thankfully most of the incident and the following rescue is a blur, I remember lights closing on the back of the car really quickly but it is sort of like a movie trailer that happened to someone else. I remember bits of the rescue and A&E but I think they pumped me full of drugs so it is very odd I remember little bits but nothing really clearly. Actually I think I prefer that.

I had notification from the recovery agents that the police had released the car and my insurance today that the car is a write off, I apparently need to have a conversation with the DVLA and insurers about something not sure what, it may be that the file with V5, MOT registration number certificate still being in the back of the car following the service on the Friday before the accident.

Once again thank you all for you well wishes.

so glad to here your well mate... looking at the images you wouldn't think anybody could survive such an accident... your a lucky fella :) get yourself another lupo and get yourself to dubmania :) drinks all around for you my son. haha :)

your one very lucky guy indeed! i hope you can now put this behind you and get back behind the wheel without to many problems

The hospital was very impressed with how quickly I was able to get up and move about, sadly I can not move very quickly and once I sit I am definitely sat getting up takes a while :lol:

I am not able to remember too much of the accident, I have told people what the Paramedic and Police have told me, the memory of the accident is limited to the headlights of the truck coming towards the back of me, then there is a blank. I actually think this is better to be honest Dad had an accident in 2008 when his car was hit from behind by a Discovery travelling very fast. Dad can remember the accident and now is not happy driving. I am looking forward to being allowed back behind the wheel when I get the go ahead!