Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

Cheers Alex! :-)

cheers Nick- it is finally starting to sound a lot better - still can improve though- as always!!

Treblet- Really gutted but Im NOT going to Edition- boo! :-( it's my eldests birthday and even though I've tried to explain the merits of celebrating it @ Edition she wants to be around home!!

Cheers Emz! :-)

JamesTdi-glad you like! :-)

graeme2- the dash has been biggest part of build - really glad you like it!

Didn't expect to see this at Jambo. Mate tagged me in photos he took of your car just to rub it in as I didn't go.

Gutted never went for the weekend now. And it's good you did get something from a SW VW show considering the amount of frickin Golfs there are.

So many it's annoyingly painful. I can't even be bothered to rock up to show and shine, to the shows I go to anymore. Did a Golf win by any chance? ABSY number plate?

Didn't expect to see this at Jambo. Mate tagged me in photos he took of your car just to rub it in as I didn't go.

Gutted never went for the weekend now. And it's good you did get something from a SW VW show considering the amount of frickin Golfs there are.

So many it's annoyingly painful. I can't even be bothered to rock up to show and shine, to the shows I go to anymore. Did a Golf win by any chance? ABSY number plate?

I did wonder if you were going as I knew you were down that way. Yes Golfs were 3rd and 1st which was why I was happy with a second as there were a fair few in the line up. The golf that won was on air with big jl audio install can't remember the number plate! Was in mint condition!

Yeh I am fed up of seeing those Golfs, there are more and more every South West show, all the same dark green colour, all Mk3's. All nothing new, big whoop its clean and you drive it once a month.

Only seen one Lupo in a show and that was last Jambo, a guy with a yellow Sport. None before or since. There was a GTi Loop at Dubs at the Beach 2010 which I missed too. That also sucked lol!.

Hope you got plenty of attention to it as fellow Loop owner and anyone on here can see how much work you have done, and to a Golf owner, its just another "Polo"... Glad you got recognition!

Yeh I am fed up of seeing those Golfs, there are more and more every South West show, all the same dark green colour, all Mk3's. All nothing new, big whoop its clean and you drive it once a month.

Only seen one Lupo in a show and that was last Jambo, a guy with a yellow Sport. None before or since. There was a GTi Loop at Dubs at the Beach 2010 which I missed too. That also sucked lol!.

Hope you got plenty of attention to it as fellow Loop owner and anyone on here can see how much work you have done, and to a Golf owner, its just another "Polo"... Glad you got recognition!

Thanks! I must admit I was very pleased beating some of the 'bigger' cars- felt a bit of an underdog with the wee Lupo and it was great to get some recognition. Saw quite a few people trying to work out what it was by bringing down the boot lid and looking on it but there's only the central VW badge left on!!

Will be doing Oktoberfest in cheddar in October if you want a little roadtrip?!

Please say this will be at edition!

Sadly Ben, as Treblet mentioned, I won't be @ Edition this year- gutted!

I'm aiming to do Players and Westside in September then Oktoberfest, in err ... October!!! :-)

I've decided not to use the second hand TT gearknob that I got mainly because I found a supplier who makes really good quality billet items and they look awesome!!

I think I bought this to cheer myself up for not going to edition!

1f99300c.jpg

Whilst I was there I couldn't resist the matching oil cap - a welcome bit of bling to the engine bay!

3c6ce900.jpg

I think it makes a welcome change to the R8 one!

It's actually a TT cap but like some of the vag stuff there is a crossover!

looking fwd to see this 2mo yay

[/quote

Well, unless your coming to my work or my house tomorrow Gilybob you won't see it. Gutting as it is I'm NOT going to Edition!

:-( boooo!

Thought I'd include a pic of the dash as it stands today. At present the dash inserts have a vinyl carbon wrap but the real stuff is back on Thursday!

89b80f5d.jpg

Went to our local vw dealership today and got my lost tow eye cap cover which I've sprayed tonight and will put lacquer on tomorrow. They were really helpful and came out to look in the engine bay to look at replacing correct parts.

Thanks Alex and Verity!

No real news at moment. I've ordered a strut brace - not for performance - but more to 'lift' the engine bay, but it's on back order! Boo!

Been tidying engine bay a bit more- Found some excellent aluminium very high temp paint but it's a lengthy process!

I also found some top suspension mount caps that are Audi TT ones but they fit fine!

3d1a3711.jpg

Going to 'vanfest' today - better get some sleep!! Yawn! ;-)

Well... Over the weekend we all went to vanfest which Is now the worlds biggest transporter show from splitscreen to current models, in malvern.

I took the Lupo up as out of the 13 categories there is one for cars. Big lineup in this section including caddy pickups, polo, and lots of classic beetles, etc

Much to my surprise I came away with an amazing momento...

cfea03e7.jpg

Managed to win my class and got the trophy, rosette and 40 quid!! Totally stoked and really pleased for my little car getting recognition!!

Every competitor on the showfield voted thier top two cars in each section, apart from thier own. This means a lot as everyone understands each others build.

Well done mate!

Very much deserved from what I've seen so far.

Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll have plenty more where that came from!!

Thankyou very much Treblet!

Much appreciated! :D