Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

Havnt updated in a while but there is still stuff happening! Most of the build until now has been inside ... Here's a little taster of recent work..

I wanted to bring some changes to the front end so as a starter I wanted to change the Gti grille. Was very excited to find a 3L grille on German eBay

1e875477.jpg

Obviously this is a different size - 3L to GTi- and traditionally would not fit BUT James has 'adapted' this to suit without the use of the lights...

f7f00678.jpg

Was thinking of whether to have this painted but wanted to tie front to back so currently a mould has been made ready for carbon fibre..

ca709072.jpg

There are more plans afoot for front end and as I write my loop is in at the Bodyshop having paintwork improved!

The latest news on the rear is.....

1) The twin exit custom exhaust is ON! (pics soon!)

2) The new rear bumper has been prepped and smoothed

3) The TT rear diffuser mould has been made and adapted to mate

with the GTI bumper.

4) carbon fibre to follow....

30a6f59e.jpg

df2b4cfc.jpg

c87eabaf.jpg

The rear TT diffuser

Edited by OnelifeLiveit!

Thanks Rich, Adrian and Emma! :D

Tis' getting exciting!! :lol:

The grille, rear bumper and diffuser, and paint will be ready for UD but alas I didn't get my entry! :(

It would have been ideal to get all external work done prior to sending in my entry but unfortunately funds didn't allow that! Got to get in next year! B)

In the little spare time I have I've been trying to get the 003's cleaned- what a total Sh#t to clean. Should have taken them off before the roadsalt started to attack-live and learn! ;)

Thanks Lal, darkstryder and Brad! Should have all this wrapped up within next 2 weeks!

Can't wait! :-)

Darkstryder - should be coming down your way in may for Plymouth Volksfest!

3L grille looks excellent Stu, really neat little touch, any a GTI first I believe :)

Gutted you didnt get a place, are you still coming for the weekend? I'm having some issues with my car, if I dont get it finished in time you can have my place on the club stand.

Alex

Thanks Lal, darkstryder and Brad! Should have all this wrapped up within next 2 weeks!

Can't wait! :-)

Darkstryder - should be coming down your way in may for Plymouth Volksfest!

Nice mate! Shame none of our club is going ha.

Its turning into a jumped up Music festival, and the prices have rocketed up, so people decided not to go.

3L grille looks excellent Stu, really neat little touch, any a GTI first I believe :)

Gutted you didnt get a place, are you still coming for the weekend? I'm having some issues with my car, if I dont get it finished in time you can have my place on the club stand.

Alex

A very big thankyou for your offer Alex - very kind. If you don't get your loop finished I would be honoured to take your place, as long as everyone is happy with that. B)

Glad you like the grille, I've always liked the look of the 3L grille and thought it would look cool in carbon-.let's hope my idea works! :P:mellow:

If I don't get a place I'm unsure if I'm coming up as I I'd save the money for following week - I've got my first sound off!

Cheers Alex!

Stu :D

Stu, I think myself and Rob may be coming to Plymouth Volksfest too this year providing I don't have to work that Saturday!

Hope you still come to Ultimate Dubs though, be good to catch up! :)

That'd be cool you guys coming down for that! :D let's hope you can get the time off Emma! B)

If Alex is unable to make it il def be up for UD otherwise unsure (with the soundoff following week) stu;-)

Nice mate! Shame none of our club is going ha.

Its turning into a jumped up Music festival, and the prices have rocketed up, so people decided not to go.

Yes I must admit last year it was a bit of a shock- definately more festival than vw! :lol:

It was a bit of a sixth form takeover last year and super-crowded to say the least :lol:

I felt sorry for those who bought advanced tickets and were turned away because the site was full! :wacko:

I read on the site that there will be more room this year and 6th formers will have to be chaperoned! :lol:

Stu;-)

Well, I've got two potential lifelines for Ultimate Dubs entry One if Alex (Fattty) doesn't make it (Thankyou Alex for the offer) and Two a possible place inside as a bit of a wildcard on a show stand (Thankyou Nick-redloop for the heads up).

External work is coming along very nicely now. Loop comes out of Bodyshop tomorrow night having had; both rear panels and arches tidied up, front end blowover including bonnet, and roof and rear spoiler and new rear bumper colour coded.

Carbon work 'in progress' for front grille and rear diffuser! Phew!

As I mentioned previously I left BBS's on a bit late and the salt got into them but I've been spending any spare time getting them back nice and shiny...

30283d31.jpg

Thanks Kez and Ryan! :-)

Car out of paint today - had front end blowover Including bonnet, roof and rear spoiler done and rear panels and arches done (paint cracking), and new rear bumper.

Will put up pics as soon as!

Thought I'd include exhaust pics..

d9977366.jpg

5eeb3bf8.jpg

71101a51.jpg

6dfb2e5e.jpg

I'm not going for triple exit! The centre hole will be covered with the rear diffuser panel! Still some tidying but you get the idea!

7b9113a2.jpg

Edited by OnelifeLiveit!

That is going to look amazing! Great work Stu, any luck on the trade stand for UD? Things have started moving faster so its looking like my car will be ready with any luck :)

Alex

That is going to look amazing! Great work Stu, any luck on the trade stand for UD? Things have started moving faster so its looking like my car will be ready with any luck :)

Alex

Thanks Alex! I've had to send pics of external work done as it goes so hopefully it will be enough to persuade them! I will have pics of my loop out of paint today which will help but obviously it will look loads better when carbon work done.

Looking good on your build Alex and if things are moving quick for you that's all good as you've earnt your place! :D

great work stu thinking outside of the box again, as for the carbon work i think you may be rubbing off on me!

Very pleased to say il be at Ultimate Dubs on the Club Lupo stand inside as Alex was offered an individual place! :D

Lal- thanks for comments!

Dubsy- thanks Carl- nice to hear you've got the carbon bug- what you get going on?

Alex- received and sent - cheers! ;-)

Jamie- glad you like it - it can only improve with new paint and carbon! Remember you helped sow the seed on this one! :shades:

Will add pics soon! Stu;-)

Very pleased to say il be at Ultimate Dubs on the Club Lupo stand inside as Alex was offered an individual place! :D

Lal- thanks for comments!

Dubsy- thanks Carl- nice to hear you've got the carbon bug- what you get going on?

Alex- received and sent - cheers! ;-)

Jamie- glad you like it - it can only improve with new paint and carbon! Remember you helped sow the seed on this one! :shades:

Will add pics soon! Stu;-)

something ive been thinking about for a while ive not seen it done before got 50% of the bits together ordered some more parts from vw today all will become clear