Marcus's Sport - SOLD..... New A3

marcusgrant

ummmm nooooo i dont think i did lol, when i got it it was spotless under the hood and i guess i just cleaned the visible stuff lol. I do my Gti all the time though. Why was it shzzle high under there lol?

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well i spent today getting the car looking presentable for Dubmania this weekend :)

Started with the interior. Used Autoglym interior cleaner and was really impressed with it. My headlining was filthy from previous owners and it came out like new!

I wanted to make the carpet as clean as possible with no crums so took the passenger seat out, i did the other side last week when i was playing with the amp.

Dirty -

02062010643.jpg

Clean! -

02062010644.jpg

02062010649.jpg

The onto the outside, took forever as per usual. Not my favourite job giving a full detail but it has to be done! When I clayed it all there was no tar on the clay but it did lift of the dirt which could be seen when i had to rewash it.

Products used on car -

Chemical guys shampoo

Bilt hamber clay

autoglym SRP

autoglym gloss protection

dodojuice orange crush wax

dodojuice red mist

Other -

autoglym fast glass

autoglym bumper care

autosol (exhaust)

Then about a million cloths! lol

The results.... pretty happy with it :)

02062010646.jpg

02062010645.jpg

02062010654.jpg

02062010655.jpg

02062010648.jpg

02062010647.jpg

Back home...

02062010657.jpg

The pictures make the paint better than it is for sure lol, oh well. Just got to save for some wheels now, bit tricky though in the summer!

Cheers guys :)

wub.gif

You can have a choc-ice now biggrin.gif after all that hard work

Cheers for the positive comments guys :D Went out tonight and as i was coming i could see me hitting all these moths, so annoying lol

I'll hold you to that choc-ice Ryan!

Hopefully see you and the car stu! should be awesome if its all ready!

Well, what it is, yeah....i am now a fully qualified vinyl wrapper. Well i would be if my name was mirrorblanks.

06062010684.jpg

06062010687.jpg

06062010686.jpg

I think i looks quite smart! I wasnt sure at first as I dont like the idea of it trying to be something that its not (carbon fibre) but i thought i may as well get it on and if i dont like it wip it off.

Its fairly easy to do. I'm going to redo the door handles though as im not happy with them, its hard to do tight curves.

how did you find applying the vinyl to the handles? as its something im going to do myself but was unsure of how it would take to the tight angles, and its not the chepaest of stuff to **** up with..

how did you find applying the vinyl to the handles? as its something im going to do myself but was unsure of how it would take to the tight angles, and its not the chepaest of stuff to **** up with..

Pain!.... i did that one and it wasnt right, the corners are very tight. I'm going to start again with a fresh bit and fingers crossed i will be able to get it perfect

I'm not a fan of carbon fibre, but looks like a good job. Well done!

Cheers man :)

Not a fan personally as i don't like the vinyl stuff. If i was going to get something like this done i would use the stuff carbon-mods sell.

But each to their own.

Yeah, i know what you mean, i dont really like the idea of it trying to be something its not but now i've got it in it looks pretty smart it think! The handles were tatty anyway. At the end of the day if i get bored i can alway just rip off :)

Finished off the handles tonight, very happy with the finish i got in the end. The Vinyl is very workable and stretchy when heated enough, bit of practice and you should be able to do most things.

Few more pics...

07062010691.jpg

07062010695.jpg

07062010696.jpg

07062010689.jpg

07062010697.jpg

ok, the closer pictures look even better! Props to you!!!

Thanks! :D

I think i may order some more in the future and do the plastic trim that covers the seat rails, think it would be a nice touch

I like it marcus- good job!

cheers stu :)

bugger, was thinking about doing that on the way to work this morning after seeing the Lambo-Golf yesterday.

Nice work btw.

:lol: Thanks james. you can still do it you know! i wont mind lol

I'm still tempted to do the whole dashboard James!

Jamie!!