Marcus's Sport - SOLD..... New A3

marcusgrant

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i've been at the engine bay again today, its so boring cleaning it. using Tardis this time which is quite good, bit better than brake cleaner :lol: the dirt/oil is so thick and stubborn! going to take the slam panel off though next time as it will be a bit easier.

I've put some lamin-x on the fogs...i think the black will help them blend into the lower bumper more and it they will be a bit more discreet.

220120111052.jpg

220120111056.jpg

also ;)

220120111054.jpg

Edit: just realised the folder i was using to cut lamin-x on is well bent! its from when i was at school lol

Edited by marcusgrant

• 1 month later...

bah, its back together!

story - a few weeks back chris (chrisc) sent me a pm saying that he was going to break his red lupo he recent bought due to it throwing its toys out the pram and asked if i wanted the whole front end. The original plan was to get all new parts as i wanted to make sure that it would be perfect when put back together, he said that all the parts were pretty much perfect and with the price he was offering considerably cheaper than new parts to!

So that weekend i set off on the wonderful drive to manchester in the delightful primera. Once i had arrived and looked at the parts they were as described, so thanks chris :D it seems that most of the parts were newish which is great.

This sunday whilst it was constantly rainy my dad and i put the lupo back together and its looking ok to be fair! the panels are in better condition than my old parts and match the colour of the wings better! one of the lights chris gave me is basically new so i've matched that by buying a new headlight and indicators.

Its still booked in to get the front, roof and rear painted at the end of the month though.

heres a couple of dirty pics i just took..

010320111234.jpg

010320111236.jpg

there is a bit of flaking where the number plate used to be and i've got to have a little play to get the head lights and bonnet sitting perfect.

Heres a couple of pic of the bay...

010320111237.jpg

010320111238.jpg

cleaned the chassis legs up which took an absolute age and with my hands is only really possible when the front end is off. all the plastics still need to be cleaned and dressed.

I also painted the mainifold cover, it was going to be polished but as it was 10 years old it would of taken forever. I think the black looks quite oem and fits in well.

Wow looks great. Paint match is perfect by the looks of it! :shades:

Back on the road soon?

Brad.

ummm i dont think i will put it back on the road until its been sprayed. its not taxed, swapping insurance is a pain and easier to work on when off the road.

i was waiting for this update lol looking very good dude glad you were happy with the bits

haha, cheers dude