Lupo

99hjhm

Yeah he's good, I really want the wings and bonnet doing, just the wrong time of year to use my other car.

Sod it!

Wings and bonnet off, bare metal and all repainted in the week before UD's :)

Don't go bare metal, it will cause you no end of problems down the line!

You worriend because they are ali?

Not got much choice really, the one wing has reacted paint on it and needs repairing as it has a slight kink, and the paint on the bonnet is so thick any more will cause it to sink into the old marks. Gerg Howell is pretty good, I wouldn't trust a normal bodyshop to do it, they would **** it up.

The formed ali panels will have been treated, most likely with a process known as Ecoat, this provides a very good layer of surface protection and a very good base for paint.

I have witnessed the effects of removing Ecoat on an ali panel and the risk of corroision increases dramatically, you can protect with etch primer but the level of protection is reduced.

Greg's work is good from what I have read and seen so I'm sure he will do a fantastic job. (I'm planning on sending mine down to him soon....i hope!)

The formed ali panels will have been treated, most likely with a process known as Ecoat, this provides a very good layer of surface protection and a very good base for paint.

I have witnessed the effects of removing Ecoat on an ali panel and the risk of corroision increases dramatically, you can protect with etch primer but the level of protection is reduced.

Greg's work is good from what I have read and seen so I'm sure he will do a fantastic job. (I'm planning on sending mine down to him soon....i hope!)

I know what your saying, we spoke about etch then epoxy primer to seal it, high build, base coat and three coats of lacquer.

Will upload some pics of the bits I collected today, really impressed!

Put this togeather, beefed up the wiring inside to hopefully improve signal.

IMG_2433e.jpg

:)

and finally have some brackets for the Porsche brakes....

180676_496302132193_563967193_6163589_5217846_n.jpg

Super lightweight in 2014 T6 aluminium. Need to get them anodised yet.

Seats are too low, lower tie bar is too low, and is now missing some paint. :blush:

anyway...

Fitted the other pop-out window, modified the c-pillar trim. Took it for a drive and seemed to get a lot of wind noise, found I could space the catch along to put more tension on the seals, and worked a treat.

Also...

Whilst cleaning the engine bay i spotted a way of increasing the counterweighting of the gear linkage, which is helpful with my short shift... No pics as its a little pikey.

DSCN6225e.jpg

DSCN6226e.jpg

Were the holes already in place for the pop out windows? Some nice updates recently fella

Brakes looks yummy! Should look good are they porsche rears?

Yeah Boxster S rears.

Lovely catching up on the progress.

Such a good car.

Hey Mark, where you been?

Were the holes already in place for the pop out windows? Some nice updates recently fella

No, think 2001 cars have them in place, I had the holes for the catch, so fitted the glass by the catch and drilled the other holes from that.

Which way did you pull the window as mines are like wind tunnels?

How do you mean mate?

looking very good dude seems like greg is busy in the build up to ud lol

Yes I think he is, he's going on holiday for 10 days too!

Wheels are back from Aerocoat, got some red BBS stickers to stick between the spokes, works quite well. Finish is pretty good, not perfect, but they will do.

Dash vents are out at the moment, getting some customisation before UD's. Hope to get the stubby mirror on at the weekend.

Pics off my phone....

179877_497987217193_563967193_6184579_3332491_n.jpg

166347_497987362193_563967193_6184581_2317398_n.jpg

How did you get the filter out? i tried it and just made a mess of the back of a light :lol:

Cut in into 4 peices with a soldering iron. I cracked a light trying to bust it out.

Anybody want a cracked Cambridge light, de-seemed, and the letters buffed off?

Well i dont feel so stupid now lol

I know mate.

Mirror...

IMG_2462e.jpg

Spend some time cleaning the engine bay, soldered the resistor for the EVAP into the wiring loom, fitted new power steering resovoir bracket, tacked togeather a few more bits of induction pipe and test fitted those...

IMG_2464e.jpg

IMG_2466ee.jpg

Cambridge lights fully flatted smooth, got rid of all the dimples, lettering and seams down the side of the lights. Cut the orange filters out, modified and fitted Osram Diatem tinted bulbs. Also tried to fit LED brake and sde light bulbs but they backfeed the brake lights making the spoiler brake light a stop and tail light, which is quite funny, but not safe really.

Really poop pics...

IMG_2486e.jpg

IMG_2483e.jpg

IMG_2476e.jpg

New stainless bolts and washers, no more rusty ones. :)

Edited by 99hjhm

Dude the car looks awesome very fresh example! :)

Jst wondering if by any chance if you could do a how to on the carbon affect? Or poss pm me of how you did them and what you used and where you got it from?

Thanks

Rtich