RIP My Little Loop :(

missb

:(

I'm very sad.

Today at around 11am my poor little Loop (GTi) bit the bullet for me. I was travelling on A120 near Stanstead and it was really icy so I was going fairly slow, when a Vauxhall MPV lost it, hit the central reservation, spun and hit me head on at around 65mph. I span round and round and ended up buried in the central reservation myself. Miraculously, I haven't even got a bruise, although I am feeling a bit stiff now. All I could say to my other half when I called him was 'My Poor Car' I think even the coppers thought I was a bit mad, cos I kept looking at it like I'd lost a person ( in my mind I have!!)

I was always concerned that such a small car would not be good in an accident, but she was amazing. The interior looked perfect. I shed a tear when they came and took her away.

Bye Shirley, you were great :wub:

xxxx

really really achy!! surgest, you see a doc, may have very bad wip lash and developing a fear of motorsways.maybe also trouble sleeping.make sure you put it dwn on the insurance claim. searously glad yur ok think id need a change of pantz if it waz me. :lol:

really really achy!! surgest, you see a doc, may have very bad wip lash and developing a fear of motorsways.maybe also trouble sleeping.make sure you put it dwn on the insurance claim. searously glad yur ok think id need a change of pantz if it waz me. :lol:

There's no point making things up, it just puts up the price for everyone else.

But in all seriousness missb, do go and see your doctor and get checked out, after a crash like that you will be VERY sore and may even start developing new symptoms weeks later (I had problems with my right arm for months after mine).

And if you do actually decide you need to talk to someone, go - no point trying to cope with it on your own or thinking you'll be fine soon. :)

Has anyone else spotted the relationship here (like always in these cases) between someone who is borderline literate and someone who wants something for nothing and hasn't even the grace to keep it private? The only question is what is the cause and what is the effect? Does being illiterate divorce you from moral decency or do those with no moral decency throw their opportunities away at school?

Edited by northwick

has ne1 thought i may have been joking??? i mean i even ended the message with ''searously ....etc etc'' (not spelt right before people start on that) that in its self means im joking.im paying insurance aswell with points and a crash so i wouldnt realy want people to raise their prizes. muppets

Sending condolences for your loop :( I cant imagine what its like watching your car get towed away. And i dont blame you one bit for nearly crying - i smacked mine on a curb a few weeks back and quite litterally sobbed for 2 hours :blush:

The car can be replaced, dont worry about it! As long as your OK :) As others have said, go and get checked out with a doctor. Make sure you're OK, plus if at any point down the line, which is quite common after an accident, that you do start experiencing pain, and make an injury claim, it will also be noted that you visited your doctor.

I was in a mild accident at the beginning of this year, and a medical examiner for insurance said I had injuries which are expected to last 6 months, and tbh they are getting worse and worse these days. I get shooting pains up my back and neck, not good :(

Make sure insurance give you a good payout on the car, if the offer doesnt seem fair, reject it, simple as. Plus the other persons insurance will be paying out so try and get as much as possible - why should you lose out for something that wasnt your fault :(

Lauryn

Glad there's no major pain or injuries. The third party insurer should send you for treatment / physio to minimise their PI outlay when the claim lands on their doormat. It's better to receive immediate treatment than get worse and wait for a cheque.

On a positive, those with GTis have seen their residuals increase, now one rarer!

Mercenary, moi?

omg, feel for you mate! glad you weren't seriously hurt tho, thank vw for the ncap 4 rating :D

hope your new car, when you get, makes you as happy :D

Awww, Thanks everyone!

It's so nice to have a community that understands my (mental) pain.

No Penry, it's not out of order asking for pics, I only didn't take any cos my phone shot out my bag and broke on impact, along with my Ipod!

Have been getting stiffer (oo err misses) since Sunday, so am of to the Doc tomorrow.

I've been looking for another car , but cannot find anything as cute or fast.

Would anyone give me what they think is the market price, cos I bet the insurance will offer me something way below.

2001 (6 speed) GTi

Silver

No Mods

Good condition, well not now obviously!!!

Thanks!

xx

No idea how much it would be worth hun but I feel your pain.

I had a Renault 5 that some w*nker deliberately smashed into. (long story) It was completely mint as well and although I got paid out more than I bought it for and then sold it in its dead state, I was gutted to see it drive away. :(