ultimate DUBS

lupo_gaz

Even if there are only 2 Lupo's inside hopefully their quality will look good for the forum anyways! I know one already will! Dunno who the other one is?

And as for outside I dunno who's put their name down but mine will be there, i've got alot more things planned to do before then so hopefully it will look nicely modified and fit in! :)

Edited by Emz

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its like the difference between edition '07 and edition '08 there were about quarter of the amount of lupo's there

2005 we had around 50

2006 we had more than 60!

2007 around 45

2008 around 25 iirc.

Edited by nfbr

But it comes to something when people would rather go outside with a Local group than be on show with the big boys inside representing a National club which used to be full of the best people you could ever wish to meet!

Im outside with my local club

In my opinion... ;)

With local clubs there is often more of a focus on friendship and loyalty, although I'm sure everyone on here has made friends (and some, relationships!) because of this club, I think because of this you feel bit more inclined to be with your close friends and support your local "scene".

I doubt I'll be going to UD anyway, so I don't really care.

Anyway, anyone ever heard of quality over quantity?

With local clubs there is often more of a focus on friendship and loyalty, although I'm sure everyone on here has made friends (and some, relationships!) because of this club, I think because of this you feel bit more inclined to be with your close friends and support your local "scene".

Well if thats how you think it is, then its pretty obvious that club lupo isn't even half as good as it was...

Well if thats how you think it is, then its pretty obvious that club lupo isn't even half as good as it was...

Sorry Al but that is simply just being nostalgic, everyone is guilty of it. Why not try and make "now" just as good? Just because new members are cropping up on the site, and older members are naturally growing out of what is seen as young persons car, does not mean the site is in decline; just the level of grammar might slip. ;)

Local clubs mean you see those people more often, thus, building up friendships with those people. I'm really not into club stands, I don't have a car worth showing and probably never will, to me a show is about going away with your mates, having a good laugh and maybe throwing a few nice cars in. Go to Bug Jam if you don't understand what I mean.

I'm sure I'll be able to find somebody's car to clean ;)

i'm the other inside one. so this year it is going to be 2 silver ones. lol. al you can do mine dont worry fella.i'll be there on the sat toonice and early just for you

i'm the other inside one. so this year it is going to be 2 silver ones. lol. al you can do mine dont worry fella.i'll be there on the sat toonice and early just for you

I'll be arriving some time after lunch on Saturday I rekon :)

yeah we have the same amount of space as last year. if you want to get on the inside stand i need to know asap. (and i need 2 pics of how its going to look and the spec.. )

cheers.

I honnestly dont think its a reflection apon the "changes" here as such, i just think people feel a closer connection or obligation to represent their local clubs as apposed to the nationals like us.

I dont neccessarily think it is a bad thing as such, maybe its just a case of times are changing?

i think it is a bad thing, and has been brought about by the regulars that attended such events and the forum back in those years either growing tired of clique's or the scene in general .

Guest Lauryn

OK checked a few things and I'll be making the trip!

The car probably wont look an awful lot different from these photos:

FM3.jpg

Lupo61.jpg

15x7 Ronal Turbo R10s

Jamex Coilovers

Cambridge Spec Rear Lights

BMC CDA Induction Kit

Bonnet Bra

Lupo Sport sills

Anthracite Front VW Badge

Full GTi Interior

Private Plate - L222RYN on pressed plates

Small ones:

Stubby aerial

Debadged on the rear

LED sidelight bulbs

Rainbow coloured silvervision indicator bulbs

Uphgraded Bosch Aero Wipers

Car will be immaculately clean and fully detailed for the show, might have some spacers on too so the wheels sit a bit wider.

Thanks

Lauryn