Fatttty's Lupo GTi | Sold and gone to it's new home.. new car hunt begins :)

fatttty

very nice mate, again, looking forward to seeing it in march! if i had a gti though id have to smooth the line on the back bumper!

cheers dude, look forward to seeing yours too. Smoothing the line is possibly on the cards, money depending, though the line follows down the sides and also matches the front bumper split so would probably have to have that all smoothed aswell to get it all matching :)

:o thats quite alot, but understandable considering the work that would need to be done. might have a play in photoshop and see how it looks :) got a few interiors mods planned for early next year nothing major as im pretty broke atm :(

• 3 weeks later...

looks really sweet! what wheels have you got planned? or are the BBS going back on?

as everyone else, im looking forward to seeing it at UD! :)

thanks matey looking froward to seeing everyone at UD :) yeah the BBS are wrapped up in my spare room waiting to go back on.

Im debating rebuilding them with wider dishes but depends on money :S

• 4 weeks later...

little update, after putting up with clunking doors for the past few months i decided to change the check straps, dead easy job and they are like new again.

strap_1.jpg

strap_2.jpg

Little update too, got a new plug for the rear screen, its made of glass and CNC'd to fit

glassplug.jpg

also dash centre and vents are out for smoothing and spraying

dashout.jpg

more to come :)

Alex

little updates today, fitted pop out rear windows, rewired the airbag connectors on the recaros, started fitting the boot popper and also had the dash back, will fit tomorrow after work if i get time. pictures to follow

Alex :)

Your way to prepared!

My car is still in lots of bits... No wings, bumpers, boot are to name bits that the car is missing! And my RS's are in pieces too.

Look forward to seing what youve done alex - Obviously going to be good whatever!

Your way to prepared!

My car is still in lots of bits... No wings, bumpers, boot are to name bits that the car is missing! And my RS's are in pieces too.

Look forward to seing what youve done alex - Obviously going to be good whatever!

haha mine was in bits yesterday, seats, dash, door cards, rear bins, sill covers, boot plastics all out lol.

ok pictures-

Pop-outs fitted

IMG_0493.jpg

Nearly fished my boot solenoid / popper. I used OEM items from an Audi A8, started with mounting the button and routing the wiring. I decided i wanted the button near the back of the car so save routing wiring to the dash. I decided to remove the interior alarm switch and put the popper button in its place. Luckily it was the same size and style so fits like the original.

Routed the wiring from the boot through the boot skin and into the main body of the car. Made a custom bracket for the solenoid. Nearly finished just need to solder te connection on the solenoid and sort out a return spring to aid it. Adjusted the rubber feet the tailgate closes on so they are about 2mm higher to help it pop open easier. It clears the lock fine just a final tweek needed on my day off :)

pics arent too clear...

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

hi fab mod mate working on this myself but you beat me to it :shades: looking to save the rear tailgate glass noticed you removed your quarter glass, to save money do you know if thats possible with a tool, will i find that solenoid in a breakers yard on another car. thanks :blink: