Fatttty's Lupo GTi | Sold and gone to it's new home.. new car hunt begins :)

fatttty

hi fab mod mate working on this myself but you beat me to it :shades: looking to save the rear tailgate glass noticed you removed your quarter glass, to save money do you know if thats possible with a tool, will i find that solenoid in a breakers yard on another car. thanks :blink:

hi, do you mean i removed the glass to fit the wiring? I didnt, they were out cos i was fitting the pop out rears. you can feed the wire through without removing any glass. Id say you could get the button from a breakers. I came across mine on eBay, lucky find to be honest it was £10 so not sure what they are from the dealers or breakers.

Edited by fatttty

hi, do you mean i removed the glass to fit the wiring? I didnt, they were out cos i was fitting the pop out rears. you can feed the wire through without removing any glass. Id say you could get the button from a breakers. I came across mine on eBay, lucky find to be honest it was £10 so not sure what they are from the dealers or breakers.

Think he means did you take the glass out yourself.

I would like to know that too.

Think he means did you take the glass out yourself.

I would like to know that too.

oh lol no, i had the glass cut out by national windscreens they work in the next unit to mine so got them to do me a favour :)

good man saves me going through my invoices lol, simple job right?

:lol: no worries! Only just fitted it so had the receipt to hand :)

Certainly was, makes the door feel so much lighter and smoother to open, going to get the passenger side done next... they're exactly the same part aren't they?

:lol: no worries! Only just fitted it so had the receipt to hand :)

Certainly was, makes the door feel so much lighter and smoother to open, going to get the passenger side done next... they're exactly the same part aren't they?

yeah same part just turned the other way :)

slowely getting jobs ticked off the list, cut my C-pillars for the pop outs today and got them back in. Boot plastics and rear seats should be back in next week then its back to the body shop at the end of the month :) Alex

IMG_0503.jpg

Do you have any more pictures of your bathurst on?

I quite like the colour you've had them done in, wouldn't mind seeing from a different angle

hey sam, theres a few more at the beginning of the thread, ill have a big around and see if i have any more :)

• 3 weeks later...

with UD round the corner i had the car in for a full machine polish and some little touch ups. Also had a new lower front bumper and towing eye covers done as my old ones are looking a little scabby. will be fitting the bumper wednesday, along with the interior and wheels :)

IMG_0002.jpg