Fatttty's Lupo GTi | Sold and gone to it's new home.. new car hunt begins :)

fatttty

• 1 month later...

Not done much since fitting the BBS other than try and rebuild my destroyed bank balance, changed the Eagle F1's to Nankangs after they rubbed like buggery on the backs, now running 165/50 on the 7's and 185/45 on 7/5's so far so good.

Rear adjusters are coming out tomorrow so shes slammed for Edition, after suffering the humiliation of having a dirty car when i last appeared at the Pod I thought I'd get in early and give him a clean today.

Pretty pleased with the results, but washing him again Friday before heading to Edition.

Exterior-

- Wash down with hose

- Full wash with two bucket method using autoglym body shampoo and condition (sounds like my hair lol) and Megs Microfibre wash mit

- Clayed all over with Chemical guys detailer spray and megs clay bar

- Small swirls removed with Simoniz colour restorer (one coat)

- Polished with autogym resin polish (two coats)

- Waxed using Dodo juice diamond white hard wax (two coats)

Wheels-

- Weren't too bad as I've been using Poorboys wheel sealant so just washed off with Chemical guys wheel stuff

- Outer dishes were polished with Autosol (top stuff)

- Tyres dressed with Turtlewax tyre silicone

Interior-

- Hoovered

- Dash and plastics I used Autoglym Interior and Rubber spray

- Leather was treated with Autoglym Leather Care

Results :::::::::::

ED38-2.jpg

ED38-7.jpg

ED38-1.jpg

ED38-9.jpg

ED38-3.jpg

ED38-4.jpg

ED38-6.jpg

Edited by fatttty

thanks for the comments guys... ill hopefulyl see you at ED later today :)

tom- i seriously love them mate... sucks having to clean them though :S

lukie- glad im keeping up to your high standards! ill call you later today when im on my way.

See you all at Edition :D

I preffered the Staffans!!! Looks minty Mint!

I loved the steffans, im thinking of buying a new set next year, but they were sooo illegal it was untrue i was scared to drive anywhere lol!

• 6 months later...

righty, just had him back from the body shop yesterday.

Has the rear bumper resprayed as it had a few niggly bits wrong with it, rear badge, boot handle and lock removed and smoothed and a few scrapes on the lower front bumper done. Really really pleased with the job, couldnt be happier :)

Fitted the smaller Passat rear VW badge and refitted the anniversary GTI badges.

Got a Euro stubby driverside mirror (electric and heated) from VW a while back and finally got this fitted, brought a second set of mirror caps that I had sprayed red to match the BBS, had this done whilst the boot was being done.

Also swopped the hex centres on the BBS to silver, although wasnt keen so put the red ones back on.

Heres the pics >>

mirror_1.jpg

mirror_5.jpg

mirror_2.jpg

mirror_3.jpg

mirror_9.jpg

mirror_6.jpg

mirror_4.jpg

boot_2.jpg

mirror_8.jpg

• 2 months later...

Quick update, been sorting out the engine bay ready for the summer. Had the engine cover split and sprayed silver and red and also moved the BMC to the side of the engine rather than the back.. not sure if its been done before but i tihkn it looks pretty nice.. opinions?

Needs more cleaning and little bits (new washer bottle, caps etc) but im quite please with how its turning out.

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

Guest Lauryn

Absolutely stunning, definately one of my favourite Lupos! The engine bay looks amazing, ties in really well with the general theme of the car. My only criticism is the rear badge looks just a tad too high up, I'd move it down a little more into the middle, or just above the middle. Pretty much perfect though in my eyes :D

Absolutely stunning, definately one of my favourite Lupos! The engine bay looks amazing, ties in really well with the general theme of the car. My only criticism is the rear badge looks just a tad too high up, I'd move it down a little more into the middle, or just above the middle. Pretty much perfect though in my eyes :D

thanks Lauryn :) yeah i agree with the rear badge.. im too scared to take it off though as i put it on about an hour after it came out the oven and the lacquer was a bit soft :S might move it and have it repainted when i raise the cash!

Guest Lauryn
thanks Lauryn :) yeah i agree with the rear badge.. im too scared to take it off though as i put it on about an hour after it came out the oven and the lacquer was a bit soft :S might move it and have it repainted when i raise the cash!

Ach just leave it! B)