Petrol Panic Buying

Linz

What's it like near you? Media scare-mongering again as usual!!! I left my house this morning and there was a queue right along the main road to my local garage - which no one local ever uses as it is a small independant and at least 5p higher than everywhere else. All others within 5 miles are seemingly out.

I was almost at the red so planned on stopping in at the Shell on my way to work. The queues weren't too bad as most folk were driving right through (either didn't know V-Power was petrol, or not willing to pay the extra). I asked the guy inside what the craic was and he siad just panic - they were totally out of normal unleaded, and almost out of diesel. But he said they were expecting a dleivery at 3pm.

heard the news on sunday sounded like i should go out and fill up, then news today the strike hasn't even started and even if it does they won't run out straight away, planned for the 25th if you need to get fuel i'd probably make sure you fill up over next weekend just encase.

Hmmm, my local Shell has been out of Diesel for a few days. I never thought anything of it and it doesn't seem to be any busier than usual.

You aint kidding!

Was sat there for ages in line for the only pump with diesel, then when i got there i seemed to be getting mainly air from the pump :lol: That was friday when i filled up.

So they are still out of diesel :confused:

Hmm will have to try save my fuel then! ;)

Dont want to resort to Tesco value diesel, there is always rip-off Wolviston i suppose :lol: - If they have any left!

Edited by cardaft

Yeah, the sheep are out in alloa too, queues up the road for both the asda and the tesco filling stations, couldn't be arsed going as far out as morrisons to see if they were doing the same there too.

I still got half a tank left from a fill in Carlisle last night, so I'm sorted for the next week or so :)

Should have read this before I went out then I would have known why the petrol station was busier than usual and why it now costs me over £50 to fill the tank. I never normally look at fuel prices just put the stuff in when it needs it.