the Silver Sedan!

nfbr

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love boras go for mk4 front end and get slammeed

I did an experiment one day on my daily 65mile round trip too and from work, I counted 144 mk4 golfs on in that distance... With the odd exception, the mk4 has become so common that its boring, where the bora end is still fresh and not yet over used.

So... Spending all that money to make my car look like the most common car on the road today isn't really something I would consider. Much rather spend the money on anti-roll bars and coilovers :-)

I did an experiment one day on my daily 65mile round trip too and from work, I counted 144 mk4 golfs on in that distance... With the odd exception, the mk4 has become so common that its boring, where the bora end is still fresh and not yet over used.

So... Spending all that money to make my car look like the most common car on the road today isn't really something I would consider. Much rather spend the money on anti-roll bars and coilovers :-)

truee that I pose

I was just looking forward to seeing a GORA badge on the back

sticking 20's on the bora then??

Eighteens Mr P :)

Looks great mate! Leather too!!!!!!!!!!!

We will have to get together for a bora photo shoot!

Leather is the way forward :)

love boras go for mk4 front end and get slammeed

I like the bora front, the Golf front is shorter, looks kind of odd, short front and a boot on the rear.

Boras are one of my favorite VWs, very nice :shades:

• 2 weeks later...

Neuspeed rear anti-roll bar now fitted. Handles much nicer in the bends now, and if you push hard enough you can get a little bit of slide on... :D

Its going on the Dyno on Tuesday to see what its putting out :)

Well, Jon's gona be mad at me...

Accidentally bought these this weekend...

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

Absolutely brand new set of four BBS CH002's, 8.5x18", ET30! complete with a full set of bolts and spiggot rings, and at one hell of a good price too :)

Won't be going on for a while as I need to save up for the front anti-roll bar and the coilovers before I will be able to buy tyres for them. Expect to see the car nice and low sitting on these beauties ready for edition 38 this year :)

Welcome to the club! ;)

No doubt this is when you mention 0.5 inch :lol:

Would that be the 0.5" That I am up on you? or the 0.5" Extra arch Chaffeage that I'm gona get ?

Front ARB / Coilovers / Tyres to go...

fair play its gonna look sweet with them on.

ive been contemplating a bora 4motion as my next car. so it will be interesting to see how your comes along :shades:

One of the best value for money cars you can buy in my opinion! :) I love the V6 4mo boras! They really are a cool car... Colleague of mine just sold his old one (on 82k) for £3300!!!

Nice car Al! Bora's have to be one of the most underated VW's of all time. i borrowed a 1.6 auto to go on a training course once, and besides the crappy gearbox changing down at 80 when i floored it, it went really well. headlamps are pretty shocking tho!

Picture015.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture009.jpg

now this bora is owned by a PVW staff member, and is slammed on 10 x 18'' Schmidt Th Lines ( i think thats what they are! ) running airbags all round, he took it to my mates garage (RetroVW) to have the archwork done, and this is the result! simple and stunning!