the Silver Sedan!

nfbr

Well, As some of you already know, I got fed up of the swift real fast, And I don't for one second blame any of you out there who are gona say: "TOLD YOU SO"

The swift was costing me a fortune to run getting an average of around 25mpg, And certain things just didn't feel right on it... After only 3500miles, the steering was well out, and I was getting a bit bored of 4500rpm @ 75mph on the motorway lol...

I decided it was time to get something a little more grown up, and much better on the motorway, what with 99% of my mileage being distance driving, And with my new job I have to use my own car to get to work...

Anyway, Bought myself a nice new car :) Its a 2005 Bora Highline TDI (130) in silver, with only 22,000 miles on the clock :)

The car is absolutely packed with extras such as Full heated leather, ESP, Aircon, Parking sensors, Bronze Net-Optic dash trim and door handles, 6 Disc CD Changer in the boot, Alarm/Immobiliser, Cruise control and a Six-Speed box :)

Heres a couple of pictures for you to look at, Nothing spectacular so far (infact the pics are a little crap if I may say so myself but I was rushing when i took them, Due to a blizzard starting 30 seconds after the last pic :) )

bor001.jpg

bor002.jpg

bor003.jpg

bor004.jpg

bor005.jpg

Mods so far include my Trusty Pioneer PRS Series head unit with iPod link and a Green Cotton panel filter. I have a French Mk4 R32-DSG intake kit ready to go on to the car, but I'm gona fit that next week weather permitting :)

Quite a few mods planned, but for a while its only going to be little things, as I need to pay off my insurance and pay for my holiday :)

Edited by nfbr

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks great Al, get that Bora badge of sharpish though it looks like it was stuck on by stevie wonder! I look forward to seeing it in the flesh! :shades:

You make a very good point Luke, I'll have to sort that out next weekend when I fit the DSG intake :)

Nice Al

No more cold mornings in the car now eh, heated leather......class

Yeah, The drive to work is gona be real nice now ;)

ewwwww look how high its is ;) hehehehe

get it slammed and it'll be sweet as :P

nice drive home?

Have patience young Jen-I

Drive home was lovely :) Warm bum and back whilst outside was 2Ëšc :) It felt so good to have torque again on the motorway :D

I'm sorry to see the Swift go.

What's up with the Bora badge, has the car had any crash damage?

I'm a fan of the Highlines and can't wait to see what you come up with for this one ;)

Very nice Al :shades:

Just a 130 :lol:

Lots of potential there.

Personally, I'm not keen on the way the ARL's deliver the power, along with the fact that in the Bora the ARL wasn't available after 03, which is too old a car for my liking.

Seconding that, I don't fancy replacing the rockers and the camshaft every 50,000 miles. lol

And third on that, The 130 is plenty to insure and its only a group 8 :S

I'm sorry to see the Swift go.

What's up with the Bora badge, has the car had any crash damage?

I'm a fan of the Highlines and can't wait to see what you come up with for this one ;)

I'm glad to see the back of the swift... Biggest mistake I ever made.

I'm unsure why the letters have come out like that in more than one photo, but i've been round the back of the car and the badges are perfect :S lol

what bhp you aiming for?

is there loads of handling mods available?

I'm gona stop at about 180bhp so that It'll retain its excelent economy.

Handling wise I'll be getting the Eibach uprated anti-roll bar kit with the anti-roll bar for the rear

I'm looking at either Weitech Hicon GT Coilovers or Eibach Pro-Street S coilovers for it

As for the brakes, I'm going to go for the 312mm Carriers and Discs from a TT 225 or Golf/Bora 4motion.

Knowing what you did to your Loop this car will look great as well :D

Thanks buddy

Thats what i was thinking :lol:

As already said, so much potential :)

Theres a fair bit planned ;)

Very nice mate, always fancied a bora :)

Still dont know how you managed 25 mpg outta the swift though :), Gemmas gets a constant 35-37 mpg :o

Put gemma's in 2nd and floor it and watch the constant mpg reading hit 5.6mpg.

Honestly mate the car was a disgrace. Out of all the cars i've ever owned, Its probably the one i've most regretted buying. I'd rather have spent 10 months driving my 1992 1.4 Clio around than that...

By the turn of 3500 miles the steering wheel was at the wrong angle, and between 3500 and 4000 miles the caster angle crept out, and it became ridiculously heavy to turn right, but really light to turn left :S

never felt so desperate to get rid of a car in all my life... lol

Ha ha, think you bought a lemon...Gemmas is spot on touch wood :)

If your gonna floor it constantly though then the mpg is gonna be crap though to be fair :lol:

Did you get a decent price for it? Last time i heard you were enjoying it -_-

Ha ha, think you bought a lemon...Gemmas is spot on touch wood :)

If your gonna floor it constantly though then the mpg is gonna be crap though to be fair :lol:

Did you get a decent price for it? Last time i heard you were enjoying it -_-

I got ÂŁ8700 for it in Part ex against the bora, TBH, I was going to put it up for ÂŁ9500 private and let it go for ÂŁ9k, So I dont think I did too bad.

I got ÂŁ8700 for it in Part ex against the bora, TBH, I was going to put it up for ÂŁ9500 private and let it go for ÂŁ9k, So I dont think I did too bad.

You did do well Al - O yee of little faith!

I said you would get a fair trade in. :coffee:

Bora's have loads of potential a couple of the local boys have them - was followed in convoy by them a few weeks ago look seriously cool in the rear view all they've got is a fair drop and some fat wheels.