dirty dirty leeds

Adam K

The only nice places I visited in the South were Windsor and Berkshire. I hate cities which I seem to relate with the South, maybe a bit narrow minded but whatever.

Everyone seems uptight, HAVE to get somewhere, don't smile, if you pass someone and say hello you get glared at.

I love northern country life too much and could never move to some place where you can't breath fresh air and not able to relax

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You southeners make me laugh.

Of course its rough up Norf.

We're skint as we are able to drink out of a pint glass unlike you shady drinkers tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

i could say so much in this thread but in all honesty i think you should keep your images, and thought's of the north in your mind and think about them every minute in the hope that doing so you never wish to move up here with your single minded views, just because someone has not had the same oportunities as you have had or the same schooling does not make them a bad person or the type of person you seem hell bent on ridiculing, some people have no control over where they live, a **** hole from the outside....! i bet if you opened a few doors in those **** holes you would get a warm welcome if you were down and out.

not everyone in this world was born with a silver spoon in thier mouth, and not everyone was brought up to have such an outlook upon those less fortunate. like you seem to have...!

i bet they would help someone out before you'd even have the time to think " would i help them out" ?

you i class as the type of man who would stand back and think.......... wifim.!

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME.

i could say so much in this thread but in all honesty i think you should keep your images, and thought's of the north in your mind and think about them every minute in the hope that doing so you never wish to move up here with your single minded views, just because someone has not had the same oportunities as you have had or the same schooling does not make them a bad person or the type of person you seem hell bent on ridiculing, some people have no control over where they live, a **** hole from the outside....! i bet if you opened a few doors in those **** holes you would get a warm welcome if you were down and out.

not everyone in this world was born with a silver spoon in thier mouth, and not everyone was brought up to have such an outlook upon those less fortunate. like you seem to have...!

i bet they would help someone out before you'd even have the time to think " would i help them out" ?

you i class as the type of man who would stand back and think.......... wifim.!

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME.

very very true mitch... im not been nasty again wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> but you can tell that adam was born with silver spoon in his mouth

(or up his ass) and a mommys boy! but he will learn.

hey - oi you lot, calm down smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> and feel the lupo love! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

And perhaps some more topless ryan shots! hahahahaa laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

hey - oi you lot, calm down smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> and feel the lupo love! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

And perhaps some more topless ryan shots! hahahahaa laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

you wish haha wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i am calm just bored of all this bull coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

Just my personal opinion but the north tends to have a much harder feel about it.

Which isn't a good thing either..

I prefer my southern area's.

Nothing wrong with london.

Let's be honest with a 9 mil population your going to get the rotten area here

or there..

Depends totally where you go - there's some beautiful countryside up north you know, as there is down south...

If you go up north & go to cities, its bound to feel a bit harsh - same as most cities down south tbh.

I like being down south, but thats not to say I've got anything against the north!

define harder

Maybe he means northeners are more up-front about what they mean. Personaly I think its much better, I cant stand people who haven't the conviction (or the balls) to say what they actualy mean.

i live in Bognor which is literally as far south as you can go before you get wet so everyone is a northerner to me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />.......

at the end of the day its all about opinions and what some people think is a shithole, others may quite like.......

for instance i personally think Bognor is the biggest shithole on earth, full of prostitutes and drug addicts but all you see is busload after busload of "tourists" coming down for a day by the seaside who may think its "charming" without having to see the shittier parts........

I don't know if MartyP is meaning this by saying 'harder' but from what i've seen of Leeds it has quite a harsh look to it, much like sheffield. I think first impressions are a big part of it, if you go to a city for the first time and the first place you go is rough as feck you're always going to have that first impression. I did that with london and then hated it but since i've been back again and again i like it now. Like Nicki says, most cities are pretty harsh looking places wherever you are.

leeds really is a hell hole.

one time I lost my car for about four hours, didn't know where the car park was.

it was a clio so I wish I hadn't found it.

and yes, I did have to pay a £30 fine for being over the time I'd paid for . . . .

Rich

Wherever you go in the country theres **** area's and good areas, you cant classify a whole city as a **** hole because the likelyhood is that somewhere in that city theres a place thats better than where you live. I live in London and there are parts of it that are **** but theres also some of the most affluent areas of the world. There are roads that have £2million houses on one side of the street and **** hole estates on the other side, and if you lived in a £2million house you wouldnt call it a shithole. I went to Liverpool and theres alot of rundown areas with boarded up windows and whatever, but if you look at the amount of development work going on you can tell Liverpools improving massively, same with other Northern cities, all you have to do is look at the skyline and notice the number of tower cranes showing development work going on.

Liverpool, I was working in Anfield this week and the area around the ground was a proper **** hole all houses boarded up and some were burnt down

That, is down to one organisation.

Liverpool FC

They bought up most of the houses, intending to knock em down to make anfield stadium bigger - then their plans changed - and now they no longer need to do this.

mainly due to the fact they didnt get planning permission, and some people didnt want to move out.

Liverpool is really nice, especially sefton (sp?) park area, and is second to sheffield in being the UK's greenest City (in terms of green land, trees etc)

Sheffield IS the UK's greenest city. Also, a lot of work is ongoing to improve sheffield - wheras a lot of southern towns and cities have stood still.