Lupo GTI Vs 106 XSi 1.6

Kev

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

106XSi, 1.6 8v, 105bhp, weighs about 980k's.

0-60 in the low 9's, if I recall - so no, he'll be quite a bit slower.

I used to have a 1.4 XSi - great fun to drive, its the 106GTi's aging granddad, and the 1.4 (100bhp) wasn't far off the 1.6 - my LupoGTi (which replaced my 106) was noticibly faster....

dunno about a xsi but a gti for definate will be faster

I always heard the 106 gti had the edge over the lupo gti, but my mates just got a 106 gti including aftermarket manifold, catback exhaust and supposedly cams, we had a little play the other night and we were pretty much even. I know that with these mods the 106 should be ahead, so not sure why he isn't faster, but considering this i'm sure i'm going to at least as quick as a standard 106 gti ?

heres some stats for you -

106 xsi - 0-60 in 12.2secs and top speed of 115

106 gti - 0-60 in 8.7secs and top speed of 128

lupo gti - 0-60 in 8.3secs and top speed of 127

(figures sourced from the what car website)

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

a 106 xsi will not beat a lupo gti!

a 106 gti will be about the same. down to driver skill at the end of the day between the two gti's.

know which one id rather own anyway!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

When you are racing if he crashes he will die, you might survive.

roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" /> one way of putting it

only thing id add is didnt clarkson once say the 106 XSi was one of the best handling cars you could buy? this may add into the equation depending where you are racing but IMO a lupo gti would easily waste a XSi but a 106 GTi and your on different teritory as them and the saxo VTs (same car) are very underestimated

wayne

I recall clarkson saying that the 106 GTI is the best handling front wheel drive car ever. He said it almost feels rear wheel drive. Not that i condone racing, but im pretty sure your Lupo would see off a 106 XSI, a 106 GTI and Saxo VTS would be too close too call, although they would see off a non lowered/coilovered Lupo GTI around the twisties.

its all marketing:

lupo GTI = saxo vts = 106 GTi

Lupo Sport = saxo VTR = 106 XSi = Ford Fiesta Zetec-S

there all of pretty similar abilities, delivered in different ways, the saxo/106 base has pretty darned good handling, but falls to bits, the lupo is well built and safe for a small car, but the handling isn't as well sorted. VW tried to sort this out with the GTi, and succeeded to the point they produced a fun (but not as fun as a Saxo/106 VTS/GTI, matter of opinion though, im just going with general conceptions) but well built, nice to look at, with plenty of wow features, if a little over priced car.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> these VW coloured glasses.

When do Saxos fall apart?

I rag the tits out of the girlfriends, and other than a noisy release bearing, nothing has gone wrong.

Most reliable car I have ever owned!

I rag the tits out of the girlfriends

Didn't you get married this year? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

ohh noway on earth wud a xsi beat a lupo gti... but i remember bein at vw festival and someone said they wud rather have a 106 gti then my loop sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> hummm wonder wot the hell they was doin at a dub show then....

I rag the tits out of the girlfriends, and other than a noisy release bearing, nothing has gone wrong.

Yep we've had one for 5 years now, and its never gone wrong and its been thrashed up and down farm lanes all its life.

But i have to say my Arosa feels much safer and better put together

As for the 106 vs the Lupo i would have my money on the lupo

Chris

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> these VW coloured glasses.

while as since i've owned my lupo, ive had a snapped bracket on the exhaust, a temperature sensor replaced, some failed lights (but guess that happens on every car) and a leaky sunroof.

Oh and now my cd players gone or my tape deck... I cant tell, all I know is cds have a horrible thing of cutting out on me lol.

I think its percieved quality, saxos to me look and feel cheap, lupos don't and they're certainly not cheap! but as for VW reliability... if I wanted a truely reliable car, id buy a honda!

ohh noway on earth wud a xsi beat a lupo gti... but i remember bein at vw festival and someone said they wud rather have a 106 gti then my loop sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> hummm wonder wot the hell they was doin at a dub show then....

Could you smell alcohol on his/her breath? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Or Did he or she look like they were high on some form of drug ?

i over heard a girl sayin that about my car at VW festival too! might have been the same 1 coz i heard her say "i STILL prefer the 106 GTi" blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> and then the guy who she was with told her to shut up! lol