Lupo GTI Vs 106 XSi 1.6

Kev

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been in a gti at 135mph (with 4 in the car).... as far as i know its standard too..?

You do know that the speedo in a car can be up to 10% out over 100mph? Even when your doing 80mph on the clock in a gti, a Road Angel indicates you are only doing around 74mph, i can't remember the exact speed though. So 135mph on the clock is about 121mph in reality, if my calculations are correct anyway. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by Adam

I sat in my mates 106 XSI was NOT impressed with the build, the seat was rocking around and just felt light and cheap...

I spose you are going to tell me that the Lupo GTI has better build quality and finish than that of a Ferrari F430 lol laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I always heard the 106 gti had the edge over the lupo gti, but my mates just got a 106 gti including aftermarket manifold, catback exhaust and supposedly cams, we had a little play the other night and we were pretty much even. I know that with these mods the 106 should be ahead, so not sure why he isn't faster, but considering this i'm sure i'm going to at least as quick as a standard 106 gti ?

my mate has same mods and i found exact same thing but if push comes to shove the lupo makes him look like a hurst down the twistys lol

I think this forum needs a name change, call it LUPO WILL BEAT ANYTHING.

What the hell is going on with this place, I now know why I no longer come on and post. The lupo is a great little car but its got 125bhp, its by no means slow but come on, it isnt a performance car eater. This is yet another of the cruise type threads that is going to be the demise of the forum that was once a very informative and exciting place to log on to.

I await ridiculous replies but hey, i wont be here to read them. Bye Bye Club lupo, i have had enough.

tou have a tdi and a berlingo i wouldn't expect a sens eof humour of you grandad

Oh i'm so hurt...

TDI - Quickest one in the UK without nitrous...

Berlingo - Is remapped, and belongs to the company, i use it for commuting as it costs me absolutely nothing in comparison to using my own car...

So er... try something else if you want to offend me...

well ya had to see it coming gtis are a toy if u didn't wanna race things u'd be driving a berlingo lmao

who cares maybe it's thwe eway forward

as a fellow GTi owner im 100% happy in saying i DONT feel the need to race every other chav on the road! maybe you are trying to make up for the lack in size of a certain something!!

i totally agree with what is being said, bring backthe old club lupo

as a fellow GTi owner im 100% happy in saying i DONT feel the need to race every other chav on the road! maybe you are trying to make up for the lack in size of a certain something!!

i totally agree with what is being said, bring backthe old club lupo

Seconded

You know I dont feel the need to race every chav either, and before you tell me I should be cast out for not driving a gti, the only reason I don't is because the sport is all I could afford for the mean-time. The reason I bought it, I want a small car with enough power and handling ability which isnt too common, to put a smile on my face round my favourite country roads, and it does that (arguably - yes there are cars that do it better, but I got a good deal on the sport.) The gti would do it better, but ill buy one when I can afford it.

Darren don't worry the old club lupo is still here! come back else i'll tie balloons to your car tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Pete