Philplop's Red GTI - SOLD!

Philplop

Well, with leddy, Jen, foxy and cardaft, I think that takes the grand total of people who like it to...

5 people! :lol:

yes but you are forgetting thats 5 very important people ;) who else's opinion would you want! :P

• 3 weeks later...

Wheres your pass side toe eye cover thing gone lol, i knew they where a dodgy fit but now looks like its gone walkies!

wheels look good with the bonnet, but i spreffer them when they where black/red personally and the bonnet all shiney !!

Good Job bud :)

Haha, cheers guys.

I was expecting them to look shattola to be honest, but when I put them on I loved 'em. :wub:

Thinking the same thing with the bonnet too, might put the red one back on...

And yeah, tow eye cover went walkies a while ago.

I did think about posting it up as a photoshop asking for opinions, to wait for everybody to shoot me down, then say it's real. :lol:

They're actually more yellow than they look in the photos, I'll get some better pics later.

Chuffed though. :)

Well done for thinking of some original ideas and actually going through with them! I thought it was a 'shop at first too. Can't wait to see them for real.

IMG_7855.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but what the hell is that in the reflection of your car :wacko:

Look a bit more yellow in this one I took tonight at Uni. Can't remember the shade of the clour, 'something Yellow' though, Plastikote's finest. Yep, I painted them myself, to be honest just did a rush job on them, cos I thought they were gonna be gash, so didn't want to waste time sanding all the old paint off. I didn't even clean them properly. :lol: A quick wipe down with a cloth, very quick rub down with some sand paper to key the surface, one tin of white primer, two yellow, two lacquer, job done.

To say I'm chuffed with them is an understatement. :D

DSC00167.jpg

This is how I rolled for two days while I was doing them. Estorils tyres are too big, so scrubbed like buggery on the front, and two of the Mono's have bald tyres, so this was my only option! Really like the Estorils though.

DSC00150.jpg

Can't believe that bug*er in PVW painted his wheels pink!

Edited by Philplop