Philplop's Red GTI - SOLD!

Philplop

Jeses Phil, the front wheels must have driving in opposite directions!

If you're looking for somewhere to take it then Town and Country in Boro are pretty good. When I was there the guy said he had just done a GTi (smoggy85's), he said it was a $hit of a job but I think he got it sorted in the end.

Aye they told me my nearside front camber was -2.5 degrees or something like that :wacko:

Yep, and my offside camber was way way out even though the wheel looks dead straight now :wacko:

Plus you have to spend a day in there for them to fit it in!

One is worse than the other, and after looking more closely, I think the tracking was out as well.

I used NETE last time, but I've only had it checked the once. I just set the camber up this time to roughly midway. Last time I took it in they said there was nothing they could do as I'd already set it at its least negative, they measured it in minutes and seconds as well, and he couldn't t ell me what it was in degrees. I told him what angle I wanted, and he kept saying I'd have to find out what it should be, he wouldn't just do what I asked him.

Miss them already, but it means I can drive it like a bast*rd again, so that's made up for it a bit. :)

Have to get that tracking checked again though.

Weve got -2.5 on Jens, had it checked at MidlandVW couple of weeks back. Tyres seem fine on the estorils, although we've gotta take them off soon, so we'll know for sure then :P. More likely to be tracking than camber isn't it though thats causing your problem?

• 3 months later...

bonnet looks mint mate, once its all rusted give it a light rub over with some wire wool and then lacker it. If it looks **** then just do plain old rustyness.

Would look much better on a black car :shades::coffee::lol:

Well, with leddy, Jen, foxy and cardaft, I think that takes the grand total of people who like it to...

5 people! :lol:

Here's one of it just after I'd taken all the paint off, didn't post pictures up at the time for obvious reasons.

l_2bdf7991b8e2ff2fd0cd2486700f987c.jpg

Edited by Philplop

Was I?

6 then. ;)

Yeah, I was unsure how it would look on a red car, but the paint had gone crap on the black bonnet and it was only cheap so I thought I'd give it a go.

Nope, it's a Eurocarparts steel one. My red aluminium GTI one is safely tucked away in my garage for when I get sick of people asking 'why?'. :lol: