SNOW

sam bignell

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone had quite a dose yet? I've just got back from bristol and we had a 5min spell of snow around 3pm but nothing since

My roof rack is on and my sledge is ready!

We are forecast between 10 and 15cm :wacko:

a couple of little blizzards earlier but nothing major yet. I'm getting excited though :D

Just a light covering here in Pennine Rochdale. However, I fear a repeat of last year when we couldn't get to the main road of our estate, so the Ibiza is carefully abandonned off piste.

awwwww im so jealous! we havent even had a flake fall here sad.gif i love the snow! all my sledges are sat in the shed gathering dust angry.gif

Come up to the cotswolds, we haven't got any snow yet but we always the first in the south west.

when i left the car at half seven it was -2 already cccccoooollllllllddddd! In early part of the year, I saw -10 on the lupo in a little place called badminton near me!

We had about 10mm at work, the local roads are stupidly slippy with numerous hills and bends to crash on (some already have) then just a sort of brown slush in the town. Its is still snowing intermittantly.

Well no snow but my lock barrells have frozen up on the polo :confused:

This happened to me last night at the coventry meet, didnt know what to do! ended up being able to get in the passenger side and climb over... its a bit difficult when your 6ft6 though :lol:

no snow in sunny cornwall. just as well as my cars just being fixed in the bodyshop. then its new rims and rubber, janspeed cat back exhaust, k&n panel filter an dropping it on kw's. oh and stick on the new private plate so i want good weather to drive bout in. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!!!!!

Had a fair bit over leeds, its been mad over Wetherby way though, the train station is most fun though :D

the hill getting out is not fun, too steep for a Punto :P

Even though we have had our first casualty of the winter, mate of mines Corsa mashed into a kerb at about 15 mph, mangled a steelie :(

Though, it was a good job the kerb was there, missed a massive lampost by inches :o

Bad things aside, Drifty Drifty :D

wwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooopppppp loads in leeds!!!!!! winter photoshoot here we come!!!!!! haha lol

and is it just me or does wide wheels and stance not mix well with snow????? i have very very poor levels of grip, i seem to be all over and yet other people are managing lol

this would explain why winter stage rally cars run very skinny tyres lol

wwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooopppppp loads in leeds!!!!!! winter photoshoot here we come!!!!!! haha lol

and is it just me or does wide wheels and stance not mix well with snow????? i have very very poor levels of grip, i seem to be all over and yet other people are managing lol

this would explain why winter stage rally cars run very skinny tyres lol

This is true :) 195 50 are worse with grip than 165(or 175s, not sure) 60, as proved earlier on when the car on 195s couldn't get up a hill in one shot, and the one on 165/175 60 got out in one :)