SNOW

sam bignell

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are snow socks. The space under the car has been cleared as I had just cleared the car off before I left. The reason the car needs them is the very steep hill directly outside the quarry that has a spring under it. Because the road is very remote the snow plough does not get to it very often. When it gets frosty the water freezes and cars can not grip to climb the hill. It took a P&O truck two hours to climb out earlier that day. The local farmers don't even bother with their tractors when the road gets like that. In February a Corsa rolled after slipping down the hill crashing up the embankment at the bottom then tipping over. The female occupant was in hospital for a month. Shortly after her car was cleared an Octavia slid sideways down thee hill and ended up stuck on the embankment. A short distance along the road the night before the photo was taken a hot hatch crashed through a hedge on the other side of the road and came to rest several feet below in a neighbouring stone quarry. I put them on as a precaution.

Shot this out the utility room window:

4209527110_0d3f4aea66_b.jpg

Then turned through 180 degrees and shot this to remind me what's in my garage, as of today all tucked up for winter and on the trickle charger for the -10oC temps forecast for tonight :blink:

4208759207_cafc7bf49d_b.jpg

The reason he bought a Lupo :lol:

The reason I bought the house!

It had to have a garage - didn't really care how many bedrooms it had. The Lupo does only *just* fit. Most people on the street either use them as sheds or have converted them in additional rooms. No one (apart from me because the Lupo's small enough) actually put their cars in them. One of the many downsides of a new-build house... :blush:

It's also shot with a wide angle-lens which makes it look a bit narrower - but it is tiny.

Edited by dxg

You have another Lupo? :)

Yep, had it just over a month now. So much better than having a Bora TDI as a shed and if you drive the Lupo slowly enough (I dont) then it can do almost the same MPG. Happy days :)

Yep, had it just over a month now. So much better than having a Bora TDI as a shed and if you drive the Lupo slowly enough (I dont) then it can do almost the same MPG. Happy days :)

There's no way in hell you could ever get 58.7mpg out of a Lupo GTI...

Well as it's my first day off since Boxing Day and I had my car back I thought I'd give it a wash today. No need to bust out the snow foam though as this is what I woke up to...

19469_259936728688_509088688_433940.jpg

Really random seeing as it's been raining all week!

Just been out for a run in the snow , it rocks.

No cars on the road, everything is white and its still actually snowing now.

Half the run it was just my foot prints , no one else's around