Old member, new Gti - For sale

Pete91

This could do the trick mate?

http://m.homebase.co.uk/mt/www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=116122&un_jtt_v_unSetCookie=yes

Not 100% sure so you'd be best going in and actually having a look at it but it looks promising. Worst comes to worst i'm sure i could help you out and try get one made up :)

So emm...this happened:

5BE1E2A3-8146-4BBA-9052-C29AEEC850A5-4234-000005D3AD6FD05E.jpg

When i was taking out the side light the light stayed in place in the wee hole. I tried to pull it out but accidently pushed it forward and now it's stuck the the light :( I'm gonna try get it out with one of those grippy things you can get. Any other bright ideas on getting it out or is it pretty much a case having to remove the whole light?

Can you remove the headlight bulb and feed a piece of wire in with a hook on the end? I hope you are more patient than me, this would have me reaching for the big hammer!!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks soooooo clean, nice camera work too!

Cheers man! It was the product of a 12 hour cleaning sesh lol.

Oh dear. This is the worst scenario after that comment. Use urban dictionary. Lol

Just checked. It was what I thought it was haha. Cheers! :thumbup:

Looks clean & tidy... Wish mine was that clean at the moment :(

Cheers Ross :) See your splitter, is it glued as well as screwed on? I'm thinking about taking mine off to spray it the same colour as the wheels but i've glued it on :/. If it isn't glued on i take it it doesn't flop about in the wind?

Cheers Ross :) See your splitter, is it glued as well as screwed on? I'm thinking about taking mine off to spray it the same colour as the wheels but i've glued it on :/. If it isn't glued on i take it it doesn't flop about in the wind?

Mines just drilled & screwed on, I didn't even think about using glue but can imagine it to be a pain to get off? Mines sturdy, too sturdy at times as it doesn't flex especially over speed bumps/steep roads.

Oh no, I was thinking of a wheel colour change & painting the mirror caps & splitter the same colour.. great minds must think alike.

Mines just drilled & screwed on, I didn't even think about using glue but can imagine it to be a pain to get off? Mines sturdy, too sturdy at times as it doesn't flex especially over speed bumps/steep roads.

Oh no, I was thinking of a wheel colour change & painting the mirror caps & splitter the same colour.. great minds must think alike.

Yeah I glued it with the intention of making it a permanent fix but now I've decided to spray it :/

How's the gloss paint on yours held up? That's the main thing that's been holding me back from painting it. It looks like it'll get destroyed proper quick with it being where it is.

Yeah I glued it with the intention of making it a permanent fix but now I've decided to spray it :/

How's the gloss paint on yours held up? That's the main thing that's been holding me back from painting it. It looks like it'll get destroyed proper quick with it being where it is.

Mine looks a mess at the moment, it needs sanding back down as it's all flaked/chipped/scrapped! Mine catches quite a lot, it looks so much cleaner not painted unless it's fresh.

• 2 weeks later...