Lupo GTI - Bad Low.

Kent

to solve that issue of the rear plate just get a personalized one ;)

Took your advice

7609312774_d23053ef51.jpg

New Plate by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

:thumbup: haha, picked the retention document up last night from Leicester and popped to the ballbag of a DVLA center this morning and it's all done, happy days.. it's part of the reason I only drilled & cable tied the old plate on the front and decided to buy the shorter rear plate recess!

Shauns old plate :) wondered where it might end up!

would have had this myself if i didnt already have the lupo one :)

Cheers guys, was unsure about it at first as there were so many other things on my todo list! ... I just couldn't help myself, especially since I'd bought the shortened bumpers for a private plate.

clean your offside rear window....

:rant:

I used Doms glass polish & cloth to get rid of it after throwing it in the corner for nobody to see haha!

I've ordered shortened press plates so just waiting for them to arrive now, stuck with this on the rear & running no front plate still :innocent:

7649750966_fd501f7a5f.jpg

Rear Plate - Instagram by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

And I nicked this one from Facebook, was taken by Thom off of here, thanks bud & don't forget to watch American Graffiti :shades:

7649750326_05f785c345.jpg

Thom's Picture - 220 meet. by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

And I nicked this one from Facebook, was taken by Thom off of here, thanks bud & don't forget to watch American Graffiti :shades:

7649750326_05f785c345.jpg

Thom's Picture - 220 meet. by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

I took that on my phone! I'm well pleased with it. Haha. see you soon man.

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, cheers! Stickers pretty hit & miss really but it's more of a joke between a few of us locally.

The cars been a bit neglected recently probably due to the weather and my lack of funds, the passenger side window seal has ripped resulting in me having to pull it out for the window to shut, so that's just hanging around & it's all masking taped up to try & stop as much rain getting in as possible.

Plus the fact they've decided to dig my road up to put more speedbumps has annoyed me a little as I can't actually get out at the moment due to a 20cm drop

7787699506_a850a8a49a_z.jpg

Untitled by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

So yeah..........................

On the brighter side my shortened numberplates have arrived! I made a little bracket for the front so it's easily taken off at shows, it looked much better without the plate but I'd already received a warning for it & didn't fancy 3 points and a fine.. luckily the day after I put it on the Police did a little prowl around the car so.. :innocent: lucky I did it when I did!

Here's a few pictures from out & about:

7787684102_0def694cc5_z.jpg

7787682664_5e1f4fa93d_z.jpg

7787687280_b87b6304f9_z.jpg

Where do I go next?!?!

Edited by Kent

Looks mega mate :D not feeling the sticker to be totaly honest but its your car :thumbsup:

i know where you should go next... will make the numberplate suit it even more

Shauns old plate :) wondered where it might end up!

would have had this myself if i didnt already have the lupo one :)

how come he picked it up for liecster though?

I think Piers is talking sense. ;)

...... thats a first ;) however what i think he may be insinuating is definitely to best idea let the number plates history live on

• 1 month later...

Looks mega mate :D not feeling the sticker to be totaly honest but its your car :thumbsup:

i know where you should go next... will make the numberplate suit it even more

The TwoITwenty one is great but the rear one looks a little out of place. The car looks great though mate and I think Piers is talking sense. ;)

Love your GTI man :wub:.

In response to: Where do I go next?!?!

supercharge it.

Great plate :shades:

haha cheers guys, if only I had the money to put it on air! :rant:

Pretty sad that the show seasons over for the year, we did manage the trek to Edition & Players though which was well worth it and the sun even stayed out for ED :thumbup:

I've been saving to do a few changes I've been thinking about for quite a while (NOT AIR), just got to keep saving and not drinking as I'm back at uni now so the updates are gonna be few & far between.... I'm just going to dump a few photos I've been sent by various people or that I've taken at shows.

We camped at ED from the Friday - Sunday and was a decent weekend and loads of laughs.

8026374640_3c48327449_c.jpg

Edition by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

8026375826_63fb25260c_c.jpg

Edition2 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

8026372277_8c86dd1f7f_c.jpg

Edition1 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

We then met up @ Hopwood Services with FourSeasons at about 4/5am to leave for Players which was a nice little convoy although we got lost after booting it through the tunnels :swerve:

8026372948_6c36318dfe_c.jpg

IMG_0026 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

8026374253_a462f10923_c.jpg

IMG_0061 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

8026374789_8a098c047a_c.jpg

Players 1 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

8026375198_72b495b217_c.jpg

Players by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

And a random one from a meet in Bristol after Sweetshop

8026371050_1a48e66361_c.jpg

LOOP2 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

The standard of Lupos & Edition & Players was absolutely insane, had a quick look around them all.... hopefully one day :innocent:

Much love guys :bleh:

• 4 weeks later...

Only just realised you've took your ballin sticker off. Haha.

It went just after Edition I think?

I've picked the car back up from the garage yesterday after it being there for just under a week, not sure who saw it but the windows finally fixed so the seal isn't flapping all over the place and no longer have to push the glass and tape the top up! :thumbup:

It's also now got a BMC Induction kit on which doesn't really sound much different as you can't hear it over the exhaust although people have told me the car sounds 'gruntier' than before, I can only slightly hear it in the low rev range.

The cars also been stage 2 re-mapped, it feels a lot different than before!!

I'm pretty happy with it, although I'm skint again but that's life! :rant:

8106060373_b741f7ef68_b.jpg

Remap by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

We also clayed, glazed & waxed the car & removed all of the little tar splats which drive me crazy which took us the best part of a day last week and re-polished my dishes.

I'd upload pictures but..... it's pretty pointless really, I'll hopefully upload some when I tidy up the engine bay :shades:

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly 150 :D

So close although I only expected around 135 so I'm pretty happy, although I'm used to the difference already :(

We gave the car a quick wash on Friday as it was filthy with all of the travelling back & forth to the garage over the past 2 weeks

Before & after shots ;)

8134657125_6a98ddef39_z.jpg

DIRTY by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

8134657907_8c63b80f4f_z.jpg

CLEAN by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

8134658253_b24bbeec9f_z.jpg

Peeking at the rear by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

8134683720_c13ef76ef6_z.jpg

LEGS by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

I'm now not sure what to do with the wheels over the winter, I've ran the wider dishes for the last 8 months and although I give them a quick polish every fortnight or so they've pitted & gone milky in places which is annoying. I don't know whether to just run them through the winter and save for stainless dishes for next year, paint the dishes gloss black or have them polished back up to how they were....... hmm :paperbag:

help?