Lupo GTI - Bad Low.

Kent

Such an amazing car, I always go to comment and can't express how good it is!

Best lupo around, hands down!

You little cuties. :wub:

Loving how this sits! Is that a plate mount under the top part of the front bumper?

Cheers mate, bit more work to do as want to be sitting arch between tyre & dish next year. Not easy especially with the offside rear beam making that wheel poke a little more which I think all GTi's do am I right?

And yeah, I just bought an L shape steel sheet cut it down to size and drilled up 3 small holes into the bumper. Easy enough to take off for shows and stops me getting in trouble around here, even if it is a pretty small plate.. better than nothing. :innocent:

• 1 month later...

You know i already love this :thumbsup: excited to see the changes man!

Looks awesome Ross, come so far. A real credit to you buddy! Makes me want to buy another GTI :D

Thanks Craig, same to you bud & Alex, definitely gotta get another. Yours was perfect, I'm still upset about ruining your dishes.... :innocent:

My plans have been halted since I broke down a few weeks ago, blew a plug and had to get recovered home.. was so glad at this moment I had air getting onto the back of the truck. :wub:

Car needs a good bit of TLC, all belts doing, a good service & brakes all round.. :innocent: decided to buy G60 carriers and do the 280mm upgrade, managed to pick some up cheap from a sound lad breaking his g60 & have ordered a set of grooved & vented Tarox fronts which didn't come cheap and have had some custom braided hoses made up which are red coated.. not seen them yet as been delivered to work. Kind of excited after nearly crashing into the back of an X5 who slammed on in the fastlane, splitter touching the floor as I was braking that hard.. :ninja:

Wheels will be coming off in the next few weeks for the winter & thinking whether or not to stick with the RM's.. I have a massive urge to try and fit a set of 17's running crazy tuck & camber.

Plus a few photos from Players & a local meet.

10598748543_11ec4bb8d3_z.jpg
Untitled by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
10598755373_e9aed992da_c.jpg
10598510786_906328cf09_z.jpg

• 1 month later...

280mm Tarox discs & pads are on the front along with Tarox rears & upgraded hoses to some custom braided lines, car is running perfectly again! :innocent:

Also, just had a feature for ilovebass which was pretty cool, I won't blab on I'll post some photos & for anyone who wants a read check out ilovebass website.

11055134754_743634f03a_c.jpg
IMG_0618 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
11055024075_f24ed7b249_c.jpg
IMG_0611 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
11055142194_e2a8817b28_c.jpg
IMG_0606 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
11055169313_a07797bcb3_c.jpg
IMG_0650 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
11055128966_109ef8ef99_c.jpg
IMG_0590 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
11055123806_b87c62a6d1_c.jpg
IMG_0599 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
11156307934_1cf6e1e84a_c.jpg
1 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
Now had her just over 3 years..

Massive thanks everyone, I'm still not quite happy how it sits though..

Passed MOT last week (waheyy) and got to have a good look underneath. My arb is completely smashed, need to chop that off and plan on getting a few more notches & a bit more modification after some long discussions. I want the car able to tuck 15s on the front & plan on more camber for the rear so we'll see!!!

Also gonna put the wheels up for sale soon for anyone interested?

Nice one, well known even here in Germany.

What type of rear bags are u using ? Over here we got some trouble to get deep enought with the GAS V1 bags, so we're looking for something else instead of these GAS bags.

Thankyou again guys & they're airlift rears just the mounts slightly tweeked.

And picked a new set of wheels up yesterday :shades:

11371291154_cd29501318_c.jpg
RS by Ross Mullins, on Flickr
Got pretty lucky as been looking for a set for over a year and had someone contact me about them, they're 16" BBS RS077's which seem to be pretty rare as they have quite a high offset. They've been welded & redrilled by Voodoo motorsport to 4x100 aswell which was a bonus so a mate drove me the 5 hour roundtrip to London to pick them up, he's a good egg.
Been racking my head working offsets and how much closer to the strut I'll be than previous and may be quite tight, gonna have to do a test fit with the barrels as are staggered.... if the barrels fit and don't hit, should be able to run 9.5" rear & 8.5 fronts! That's my aim anyway, soon see... :innocent:
All fun.
  • Like 1

Love those photos man! looks stunning :wub: excited to see the fitment on them new wheels, hope it works out! :shades:
You know you're low when... :thumbup: Can't wait to see how the 16" RS's turn out, especially if you're going that wide :shades:
Haha thanks both, gonna try and do a test fit Saturday if it's not tipping it down... I'm perhaps pushing my luck running 9.5" rear as have worked all sizing & offsets out! 21mm closer to strut/bag on the rear than on standard bathursts... may have to downsize barrel slightly on the rear.And hahaha, it was a tense moment braking that hard!
Yes! Just yes! 16" RS's are on my radar so looking forward to seeing how these turn out.
I've wanted to go 16 for a while, took ages to find a set! Most are stupid money and ridiculous widths which is the problem. Least with these I can do my own thing with them, pretty excited to myself! Slight wait on dishes to be made though...