Lupo GTI - Bad Low.

Kent

It sounds much different in the video to how it actually is as we only used the cameras built-in microphone. It is loud however though, but only stupidly loud on throttle or cold-idle.

The car hasn't changed a lot but was treated to a full detail and machine polish by a mate of ours not too long ago, we spent 12 hours there in total :l

The cars were washed using the 2 bucket method, snow foamed, washed, clay'd, washed again, machine polished, glazed, polished, sealed, waxed... or something like that! Well anyway, it came out pretty nicely. Obviously with silver you don't get the finish you do on black or red but the paint felt so soft and there was a much deeper shine to it.

I only took a couple with my iPhone while we were there, he took some but .. well he's lazy and still hasn't uploaded them..

24fzomd.jpg

f1wln6.jpg

That was all done on the friday & then a group of us headed to Fast Show on the Sunday morning, up nice & early at 3:30am!! Not that we got there early due to a crash on the motorway 15 cars ahead of us, and my mate in convoy ringing me an hour into the journey to say he'd forgotten his ticket so had to wait around for him to race back :innocent:

Here's the car cleaned again & packed just before we left on Sunday morning:

294jspj.jpg

I don't know what else to write now so here's a collection of photos between my last update and now:

6915291844_fb2735305b_z.jpg

Front Side by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

6915288582_bd85f8b3a7_z.jpg

Lupo Side 2 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

6915283126_8b04085aa5_z.jpg

Quick wash by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

6915280944_0d6e3f23d4_z.jpg

From the front by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

21njgwp.jpg

bdtt7m.jpg

:clap: :clap:

It's a bit of a crappy update I'm not going to lie... sorry

Lovely GTI mate :thumbsup:

I've actually been looking into a new exhaust myself lately, my standard backbox is sagging and one or two of the brackets have broken which I got an MOT advisory for, enough of an excuse for a nice shiny new stainless system I reckon! I always thought I'd just go for a cat-back system but now it's come to it I'm tempted to go the whole hog as you have, except I'd probably go for a sports cat and keep the silencer, yours sounds pretty loud, lol, don't want to upset the neighbours too much.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but did the fitting set you back much? It's something I've never had to do before so haven't a clue how much to budget in for. What did the place do with your old exhaust system?

Jealous of the RM's too :tongueout:

That was all done on the friday & then a group of us headed to Fast Show on the Sunday morning, up nice & early at 3:30am!! Not that we got there early due to a crash on the motorway 15 cars ahead of us, and my mate in convoy ringing me an hour into the journey to say he'd forgotten his ticket so had to wait around for him to race back :innocent:

Soooooooorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy :wub:

Lovely GTI mate :thumbsup:

I've actually been looking into a new exhaust myself lately, my standard backbox is sagging and one or two of the brackets have broken which I got an MOT advisory for, enough of an excuse for a nice shiny new stainless system I reckon! I always thought I'd just go for a cat-back system but now it's come to it I'm tempted to go the whole hog as you have, except I'd probably go for a sports cat and keep the silencer, yours sounds pretty loud, lol, don't want to upset the neighbours too much.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but did the fitting set you back much? It's something I've never had to do before so haven't a clue how much to budget in for. What did the place do with your old exhaust system?

Jealous of the RM's too :tongueout:

I was tempted to go for the silencer and sports cat myself, I had my MOT just before I put the whole system on so thought I'm spending 4 figures I want to hear it and thought I could always add silencer and sports-cat at a later date. Plus sports cats are quite pricey.

Surprisingly though when pulling in & out of my street nobody hears me if I drive in a higher gear and don't throttle!

Fitting set me back £150 I THINK, took them 5 hours though.. I went to Midland VW for fitting just because I trust them with my car! Could probably get it fitted for £80-£100 elsewhere!

And cheers, I think I'm going to sell the RM's though wanting something different now.

And go away dom

My BBS went as I said & were bought by my mate 2 days ago as he was looking for a set & I fancied a change. Was quite sad to see them go considering how much time I'd spent polishing them up over winter and they hadn't even managed to see summer.

Here they are just after polishing for anyone who didn't know how long I spent and a photo for Dom to nick! lol

6737918575_23165efa51_z.jpg

BBS RM's 15x7.5 ET 20 by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

And after all my hard work... here they are now.. :l

7090784249_db1848003d_z.jpg

Off to Powdercoaters by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

They were split the same day & we sent them to the powdercoaters today.. whilst leaving my car looking sorry for itself on the Bathursts lol

6944713352_9e0657a8c4_z.jpg

Standards On by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

I was pretty gutted to be honest but agreed to it a week or so before he took them so I'd been deciding what to do with the money.. thought of putting the car on cheaper wheels & saving for air, changing the interior or doing bodywork.

However, I knew I wouldn't like it on the Bathursts and that I loved my wheels too much so began searching for a new set. Was looking at OZ Turbos, Schmidts, Cooper S wheels & Nissan Note wheels lol!

Well...........

None of those happened....

But....

I ended up visiting Alex (Fatttty) (think that's the right amount of t's) and came home with his BBS RM002's.

7090783705_430f9e6d4d_z.jpg

In the Garage by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

Here's the spec of them:

• BBS RM002
  • 7.5J ET20 Front
  • 8J ET13 Rear
  • Smoothed and wet painted baskets done in VW Flash Red
  • All new chromed bolts
  • Newish Dishes
  • New Centres & rings with new BBS Badges
  • 26MM Stainless Steel Stubby Valves
  • Wrapped in Toyo T1R's 195/45/15 all round

I half wish I went for something different but I loved the RM's on mine they seem to work so well to me that when I saw these I had to have them! They are absolutely mint the same as his car! So they came home with me :wub:

All they needed was a bit of a wipe to get all of the dust off from the car sitting. I picked them up last night and they went on today!! :clap:

6944715670_74f29fbb9f_z.jpg

One on by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

7090786507_7b1e518d4c_z.jpg

Clean - Non Brightness by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

6944717346_4910de0ac4_z.jpg

Rear by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

6944718316_fdc4775324_z.jpg

One side on by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

(Sits a bit higher here as the other side had the jack under)

6944718880_855ecc8232_z.jpg

From the front by Ross Mullins, on Flickr

I'm happy as larry, think they sit perfectly.. if you look from the front you can see the dish slightly poking out and shows the camber up a lot more than before. I just feel bad that I won't be able to keep them anywhere near as clean as Alex did as the cars a daily.. they're filthy already but.... it's all good I just need to keep on top of them!! :yes:

I also swapped a few other bits with him, didn't take any photos specifically but you can probably see in the above.

Took his:

• Gloss Black B Pillars
  • Gloss Black roof guttering
  • Gloss Black wiper arms

Happy days :innocent:

Nice one Ross, you didnt hang about getting them on :)

They fit really well, the car sits just right!

Look after them :thumbsup:

Alex

:thumbsup:

Looks lush as ever Ross :-) Now hopefully the RM's will have a new lease of life on my Polo! BUBUES!

Lol, same wheels but slightly wider... I've got a couple of sets of bbs rm's I need to refurb...

Had a love for RM's & couldn't resist especially the way alex kept his!

Good choice they look awesome tbf

Cheers buddy x

Nice one Ross, you didnt hang about getting them on :)

They fit really well, the car sits just right!

Look after them :thumbsup:

Alex

I'm not gonna lie... they're filthy already but as soon as this rain goes I will clean them haha mark my word!!

Oh & any luck with the valve caps yet?

:thumbsup:

Looks lush as ever Ross :-) Now hopefully the RM's will have a new lease of life on my Polo! BUBUES!

yeah good times, aslong as you keep it as low on the rear as it was on trial fit lol!

Stunning this Ross :thumbsup:

Much much better on fattty's old BBS, Looks FAT :thumbup:

Keep up the good work

Ryan

Apart from 12yans lupo i would argue that this is one of The Best Lupo's on here, looks amazing ross!

It's easily in the top five past and present

Apart from 12yans lupo i would argue that this is one of The Best Lupo's on here, looks amazing ross!

Best gti - makes that focus look so out of place.

This thread is made from 100% win! It's got a lovely stance now mate.

Stunning this Ross :thumbsup:

Much much better on fattty's old BBS, Looks FAT :thumbup:

Keep up the good work

Ryan

It's easily in the top five past and present

Using that as my wallpaper, is that okay!?

^^ Sure you can bud :wub:

tumblr_lfawjaTwY61qalbwk.png

& you guys what's come over you all being so nice, making me blush!!! :innocent:

Thankyou for all the really nice comments!

My mates FINALLY put up the pictures from when the car was machined etc so here they are, it's on the old wheels here as it's a month or so ago!

IMG_9166.jpg

IMG_9168.jpg

IMG_9156.jpg

IMG_3450.jpg

IMG_9180.jpg

Oh and if anyone talks to Alex (Fattttttttttttttty) get him to hurry up finding the BBS valve caps... I'm ashamed running red dice valve caps :$

:wub: