air rides

danny_t

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bags are for shopping what you want is a decent set of coilovers ;)

but yeah it would be well into the 2k mark id speak to rayvern hydraulics or bagyard and there was a red arosa for sale on piston heads with ai ride maybe try asking him

I'd love air if i had the cash.

You could install it yourself if you have a bit of mechanical knowledge/common sense im sure. I was speaking to a lad the other day who fitted it to his bora.

I think ed38 will have a few threads about air and readers rides if you wanted to do a bit of general research on it.

Having owned an air-ride mk1 I have to say

it was okay handled fine etc etc.

But I found that being able to raise the car up and down 100mm

was pretty pointless...

pretty much used to drive it dropped between 80-100mm always.

So the lift imo was pretty pointless.

I'd say these air-ride cup top mount things that KW are offering are the way forward

for smaller hatches because it really isn't that hard to drive a dropped lupo

over anything because the over hangs are tinyy.

ive done 4 air ride systems with TUK Customs, and nowhere near 4k mate so dunno where you got that from! its roughly around 1500 to 2500 depending on what you want to use.

air is for air cooled or big slab cars.................................or gays.

Would love Air Ride, maybe if I still have my car when I have a big time job I will invest. For the Lulz

*edit: Since when did the website autocorrect my spelling errors? I wrote "t e h lulz" and it changed it

Edited by DarkStryder360

• 2 weeks later...

i have air on mine now :D easy to install rayvern do a plug and play kit for lupos £1400

thats just front and rear up + down

known fact, rayvern should stick to hydraulics, I haven't spoke to one person who has said anything good about the rayvern kits, poor handling, shot ride quality etc,

and airlift and easy street is no were near 4k, I priced up through luke Massey that it would be around £2700 for airlift struts, bags and easy street management.

If you want a car on air to still handle well go for fbss, if you want it to handle like a sack of spuds go for a front back kit.

At end of the day you pay for what ya get!! Lol

bags are for shopping what you want is a decent set of coilovers ;)

but yeah it would be well into the 2k mark id speak to rayvern hydraulics or bagyard and there was a red arosa for sale on piston heads with ai ride maybe try asking him

also luke Massey informed me that he had a guy having coils taken off and airlift struts and easy street management fitted due to the fact that he drove a car on that setup and said it handled better than his car does on h&r coilies or summat, so it's better ride quality, handles better, has the ability to be adjusted quickly and effortlessley, only downside isnthe god damn price! Lol

I don't get the hatred of air ride. I think it's fantastic and looks mint on big VW's, Audis, and stuff like that.

When it becomes more common and drops the price a little, which will inevitably will happen, I think we'll see a lot lot more dubs running it.

Personally I wouldn't run it on my VR because I can think of better ways to spend upwards of 2k but if I had a mk5 or a passat or something, then yeah, one of the first mods!!

IMO if air cost the same as coilies everyone would choose air over coilies but some people just won't spend £2k upwards on the stuff and have better things to spend that amount of money on lol

Personally if I had the money plush would be sending me airlift struts, bags and easy street as we speak, but I don't have the money... Yet

known fact, rayvern should stick to hydraulics, I haven't spoke to one person who has said anything good about the rayvern kits, poor handling, shot ride quality etc,

and airlift and easy street is no were near 4k, I priced up through luke Massey that it would be around £2700 for airlift struts, bags and easy street management.

If you want a car on air to still handle well go for fbss, if you want it to handle like a sack of spuds go for a front back kit.

At end of the day you pay for what ya get!! Lol

Have you got the proof of that quote? :)