Marcus's Sport - SOLD..... New A3

marcusgrant

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!

Not complaining now that you bought the wheels ;)

:lol: no i quite like them now!

lovely wheel. normally come up in 5 x 100 fitting so quite a rare find

yeah i haven't seen them before although there was another set on ebay at the same time as these.

They really remind me of these:

99d42a03.jpg

but mini versions. Look sweet! (excuse the shocking google image quality)

ooo good call. cheers :)

Haha I had a cheeky bid on those wheels u got a bargain there nice wheels :)

they did go for quite a good price and they were delivered to my door which is always nice. They do need a refurb though which will be a bit expensive with new centre caps and bbs valves... then tyres! only just got new tyres on the sport wheels as well before the bump.

looking fresh!

cheers pal :)

I've been installing the boot popper today with dad, such a pain getting a wire from the boot to the front of the car. I've got an audi a8 boot button and put in the rear bin bit, in the same place that the alarm button thing is on the GTI.

The wiring is an arse isn't Marcus, you get it sorted? Boot popper will be good when its finished :)

Wheels look smart too, whens it going for paint?

yeah its a right pain, finished it earlier, just need to install the solenoid in the boot now.

f knows mate!! i keep going to see steve and he's just tells me to come back in like a week for a date lol, im going to see him tomorrow and hopefully (fingers and toes crossed!) it will go this week, he was just finishing an a5 and was going to do mine next

• 3 weeks later...

Whats going to happen to your current sport alloys? as they are in such a good condition (doesnt appear to be any curbing or damage in any of your pics) i was wondering if u would be interested in pricing them up at less than a 4 wheel refurb would cost me for mine? wouldnt necessarily require tyres, unless u wanted them gone too and they are good.

U may want to keep them for winters, but thought i would enquire.

Whats going to happen to your current sport alloys? as they are in such a good condition (doesnt appear to be any curbing or damage in any of your pics) i was wondering if u would be interested in pricing them up at less than a 4 wheel refurb would cost me for mine? wouldnt necessarily require tyres, unless u wanted them gone too and they are good.

U may want to keep them for winters, but thought i would enquire.

They're not in that great a condition tbh mate, bits of kerbing here and there and a few marks. I think i'll just keep them as spares. If i do sell them though i'll let you know and get pictures, they all have brand new toyos on

• 3 weeks later...

german ebay :P ....

070520111439.jpg

Shame two of them are scratched :angry2:

070520111442.jpg

070520111447.jpg

Main reason i bought them was for the centre caps. Going to see if the seller will send two more, weren't cheap and meant to be brand new.

There were already centre caps on the wheels but the bbs centre cap bit was all bubbling so needed replacing. I've just sent the seller in germany an email asking him to send me two more, fingers crossed he will without me having to return these two.

Still not back on the bloody road no lol. Still at the body shop, now ran out of MOT and all the brakes need replacing.... good times at the moment

Yeah to be honest i could of probably of got something to replace the old badges but they were printed on metal and it was proving impossible to find something similar. I just thought i'd pay out and get a whole new badge, makes life easier lol....well at least i thought it would!!!

Yeah to be honest i could of probably of got something to replace the old badges but they were printed on metal and it was proving impossible to find something similar. I just thought i'd pay out and get a whole new badge, makes life easier lol....well at least i thought it would!!!

That's fair enough mate :)

Hopefully he will be able to give you 2 new ones as they are not as advertised.

Good luck!

awkward moment when you send some bloke in germany a lairy email demanding 2 new centre caps and he comes back telling me to take the protective film off them, turns out they are absolutely fine :lol: