Marcus's Sport - SOLD..... New A3

marcusgrant

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awkward moment when you send some bloke in germany a lairy email demanding 2 new centre caps and he comes back telling me to take the protective film off them, turns out they are absolutely fine :lol:

Made me Lol!

awkward moment when you send some bloke in germany a lairy email demanding 2 new centre caps and he comes back telling me to take the protective film off them, turns out they are absolutely fine :lol:

:lol: Must be a relief for you though.

Hahaha that's the funnies thing I've read on this forum in a while lol.

haha cheers everyone! :P

picked the lupo up from steve earlier

in the end this is what i actually had done - boot handle deleted and smoothed, archs rolled, boot painted, rear bumper painted, bonnet painted, petrol flap painted and wing mirros painted.

i was going to have the whole of the front painted by when i took it down there him and my dad thought it was preety pointless so that got sacked off.

I'll put a few pictures up later after a wash, might try a wheel on to as one of them got a tire fitted to make sure it wouldn't rub.

some pics then. gone back to normal plates, think they look much better

090520111453.jpg

090520111452.jpg

didnt have time to try the wheel on so just rested it against the car lol. as you can see i went for proper tyres!!

090520111451.jpg

090520111450.jpg

Still needs a good detail on the rest of the paintwork.

dads doing all the brakes tomorrow and taking it for a MOT, fingers crossed it passes!

i tryed toyo tyres wasnt fussed on them in the wet but good in the dry

yeah, i've had toyos on my sport wheels. like you say grip well in the dry, wear out quite fast mind. Not massively fussed about wet performance, don't like pushing things when its wet lol

Bang tidy!

cheers man, near there!

Looking good. Nice one for fitting proper tyres.

Cheers pal :) yeah i wanted to fill the archs and still be able to drive it properly. hopefully there will be minimal arch gap.

Nice one Marcus, looks lovely :) hows the boot popper working out for you? Alex

thanks alex :) yeah its working well, need to reposition the solenoid though as when i finished i realised i could put the boot trim back on :lol:

any particular reason for having bigger tyres?

paint is looking niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

cheers pal :)

ummm a few reasons really - easier to fill the archs with bigger tyres and hopefully be able to get the wheel/tyre sitting flush with arch and no arch gap, more comfortable ride, doesn't need to be as low (fanny lol), prefer not to have stretch if its not necessary, drive it properly :P .... I guess thats a few lol, i think 165/50's would of still looked ok and i guess that would of been most peoples choice but the archs have been made sure to fit these and i think they should look ok (fingers crossed!)

I would of personaly got for the 165/50, but each to there own.

looking forward to seeing them fitted :)

yeah, I might think the same once i try this wheel on lol...wait and see i guess. There needs to be a 195/40 or 35 tyre!

bit more of a close up of the rear, new paint doesn't look like it has a very good reflection on the back in this photo. want to see about getting the tail pipe up a tad to. need some cambridge lights as well, never ending with this car modifying game is it

100520111454.jpg

OH and my dad was changing all my brakes earlier and found that one of the rear AP shocks has blown!!! piece of crap, luckily good old Al @ awesome has ordered me a new one and hopefully i'll be able to claim back the cost through warranty

hopefully i will be able to, think there is a 2 year warranty on them. pretty sh it though as i've got my adjusters in and wound up a tad at the moment! going to popping all the time when i lower it lol.

yeah 195/40 on 7 & 8's is perfect really.

Nankang do 185/45 but im not putting that crap on my car lol