Southwest meet

Sep 6 2008, 04:53 PM ClaireyFairey As soon as Chris sells Vera i'll organise something

B)

Claire you said you'd organise something... now is your time, Vera was sold quite some time ago now!

Basically i'd like to know how many people in the area would be up for a meet towards the end of the summer holidays, leave a post in here

feel free to make suggestions for locations and activities

It'd be good if us Southern lot could have a meet and show up the Northerners for once :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to organise something very much south...like, proper south.

So far it will be a weekend event, friday night to sunday evening affair - nice driving roads and some camping, hopefully near a beach. Cornwall is looking favourable at the moment.........

This sounds awesome - I'd definitely be up for it if you'll have me :)

Yep, coz you're from Bournemouth, which is close to Salisbury, which is close to me and Treblet and that makes you cool :P

Yep, coz you're from Bournemouth, which is close to Salisbury, which is close to me and Treblet and that makes you cool :P

Am I not cool then :(

Do I now count as Northern, Southern or just Scottish...

I'd say you were Scottish but also an adopted Southerner - because Claireys adopted you :lol:

Not so keen on August, purely coz the bank holiday weekend will be far too close to the almighty E38 for my liking....

Im thinking we should try and do something as a post-edition chillout? I appreciate that camping in the winter may not be to everyone's liking, but bring coats :)

Can't have any of this southern fairy nonsence...

(Bar me of course ;) )

Some very nice roads by the cotswolds I might add ;)

Which completely demolishes the point of a Southern meet. I know we cant have it on everyone's door step, but if anything most people will have to drive further south, not up to the cotswolds!!

Which completely demolishes the point of a Southern meet. I know we cant have it on everyone's door step, but if anything most people will have to drive further south, not up to the cotswolds!!

I was just being cheeky :lol:

I don't mind a drive . . . .Newquay anyone :P ?

apart from the fact that the camp field was on top of a hill (and a bit windy), a few of us stayed down near newton abbot last month for the south west motor show - it's a proper caravan park with a cheesy butlins style car with entertainment, good for a laugh lol, £17 per night i think it was :)

Edited by Sarah_Diamond

Myself and a few friends run the club TidyVAG with just over 1000 members and every second Sunday of each month there is a car meet in Poole that you are all welcome to come to.

Next one is the 9th August.......we are low on the Lupo side of things :)

EDIT: Just checked the site states and its close to 2000 members not 1000

Edited by Mike_M