Rust on Roof

s2000king

Thank you James, I can only imagine VW wants to bury this now which is why the Watchdog idea appeals to me. I warned a work mate who was looking to buy a black 16v Lupo on a "Y" plate a few months ago to look at the roof and he said he'd got a good 'un but when we looked closely, sure enough it was bubbling. He's hovering to make a claim now. I would urge all forum members to check if they haven't done already. On mine and the others I've looked at it only appears to afflict the right side of the roof.

Cheers

Gaz

• 1 month later...

Mine is exactly the same but is just on the passengers side at the rear for now and also some coming through on the door and front wing on passengers side where they both meet, also my self going to vw main dealer I asked about the 12 year corrosion guarantee and he said no not for things like that, I also asked about the pedal box fiasco and he said nothing like that is coming through on his system! Pooie vw service right there

I know this sounds a slightly strange but it is to do with roof in general - is the rust caused in anyway due to the alignment of the rain gutter rubber?

If so i know when my car ws purchased the previous owners had the rubber changed on the passengers side after two months of ownership due to it wasn't aligned properly in the first place, and vws messed up a bit so in the end it got replaced and some free rubber mats where included when vw quoted at the time - 'we don't sell them'

just the rust on the roof at the moment, along the gutter just above both doors,

phone call today from drift bridge told they want the chassic number but after 20 years he has never had anyone make a claim for anything lupo related and he doesnt think he can help me

been told that croydon cannot deal with it (warrenty manager's own words) also told to take my problems else ware to epsom body shop how should i approach the subject with them?

which bit are you trying to have repaired?

Im book in to get mine done on valentines day (I like a bit of lupo love) and mines getting the roof rust sorted. ie the bubbling in the gutters, Its also having the door pilars re painted

I think it depends very much on the VW dealer you go to. The lad that delt with me didnt say anything about not being able to do it just took a paint depth reading to confim that it was the original paint and then took the car inside for some pictures to send to VW.

Said Id hear from him in a few weeks and I did. Theres really no advice other than try another dealer that I can give. Unless its a previously painted section of bodywork, that hasnt been sprayed by VW.

Hope this helps

Sam

• 3 weeks later...

Right ive had enough from VW now, they have had their last warning, now its time for a BBC watchdog appearance, they have now changed their decision to say that it is not a manufacturing fault and was caused by external damage. obv not.

A PETITION TO COLLECT AS MANY PHOTOS AS POSSIBLE OF RUST ON LUPO ROOVES NO FURTHER DETAILS NEEDED, WHETHER REPAIRED OR NOT. NEEDED ASAP.

(u may get it displayed on tv!)

I will start with mine, and will go back thru this thread later to collect a few others.

Myself

60993_434714598541_756508541_5215084_2265766_n.jpg

61854_434714623541_756508541_5215086_7856952_n.jpg

61438_434714658541_756508541_5215088_4238165_n.jpg

Darkstryder 360

img0924wa.jpg

img0918l0.jpg

Amilady

P1080203.jpg

P1080199.jpg

Ad....

DSC_2166.jpg

DSC_2165-1.jpg

ministig

4fbe5279.jpg

And James, can u change the topic title to include "Photos Requested" please.

Edited by BEP51

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the crap pics dude, samsung galaxy s for ya! If required i can take some on the camera. I suppose the dull foggy weather didnt help either. Cheers

Sorry for the crap pics dude, samsung galaxy s for ya! If required i can take some on the camera. I suppose the dull foggy weather didnt help either. Cheers

dw, u can see its there, and thats all that matters, thanks! will send off the form to watchdog over the next fourtnight, gotta get ahold of a few bits of paperwork and details which are with my dad while im at uni which i need when filling out the form.

Just to let everyone know Lakeside (stoke VW) will now do repairs, i have mine booked in for monday with a courtesy car all free of charge all i had to do was show tham i knew l little about the problem (leaned from this thread :coffee: and they were very helpful.

Just to let everyone know Lakeside (stoke VW) will now do repairs, i have mine booked in for monday with a courtesy car all free of charge all i had to do was show tham i knew l little about the problem (leaned from this thread :coffee: and they were very helpful.

Would u be able to put up some pics of your rust please :) glad yours is getting done. Im still working on it.

It isnt the dealership that matters, it is the person who processes your claim at VW HQ who decides.