1 litre owners

Picola

all on private roads of course, right guys! ;)

Derestricted German autobahn officer ;) 106 indicated (although that was probably more like the book speed of 96 :lol:). Needed a nice looooong downhill with a following wind to get that though, and I only did it once for about 2 seconds to see what he could manage.

Don't get me wrong Pic, I love my little 1.0, its a good car, solid little engine that takes all the abuse you can throw at it, handles a motorway well so long as you accept you won't be cruising at 80 - but there are loads of times I wish it had more power, especially on country roads when you just need that extra oomph to get past some granny or up a hill without going into 2nd! :lol:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love my 1L! its brilliant!

x2

at the end of the day you dont buy a 1.0 thinking its going to be quick!

slower = spending more time in the thing that you spend all your money on - imo thats a good thing!

mine is slow but i dont expect it to be quick doesnt help carring a ton in ice ha!

if i get another lupo it would be the 1.4tdi.

rich,

Derestricted German autobahn officer ;) 106 indicated (although that was probably more like the book speed of 96 :lol:).

Don't know if it is the same for you guys but when comparing to satnav i find the speedo gets more accurate the faster you go at indicated 80 i'm doing about 73 at indicated 140 i am doin 137 i always presumed it was harder to push the speedo round that far lol

I used to avidly watch the Mini Se7ens racing. Some of the best racing event I've been to, sespecially on tight tracks.

Mini Se7en: History

The UK's longest running one-make motor racing championship was introduced in 1966 as Formula Mini 7 restricted tuning 850 engines, control tyres, designed for low-budget racers starting out. It was the brainwave of the Mini Se7en Club (then a social/racing society, mainly for the Mini) and the 750 Motor club (the pioneers of low-cost motorsport). In 1970, Formula Mini 7 became just Mini Se7en when Mini Miglias were introduced 1000cc, twin choke, less restricted tuning, wide slick tyres, and primarily for Mini Se7eners wishing to progress or for the generally more experienced saloon racer. Then in 1976, both were renamed Mini 850 and Mini 1000, as British Leyland, in conjunction with the now re-structured Mini Se7en Racing Club, came up with a third, more high-profile series for Mini 1275GT's; this lasted five seasons before being superseded by Metros but that's another story…

Strange! :wacko:

Might just be the wrong gearbox?

Ill take a pic of the engine...

The gearknob has the right marking too...

The bloke that services it told me he has never seen that engine in an Arosa/Lupo before....

It was meant to become a 1.8T anyway... but its got me so pissed now.. so its getting sold..

Dont like the little frog-eyed car no more... :rolleyes: at least mine...

I love my 1.0S, the engine is no where near as slow as most non 1.0 owners on here make out. Its nice and nippy, especially round town, my 1.0 is much nicer to drive round town than my TDi is. On the motorway its still nice and quiet, and pulls well since its doing qiute a few revs at motorway speed. Stick to 60 and it sips fuel too.

I dont often drive my 1.0 now (my mum uses it), but im amways amased when i do, its always nippier than i remember it being!

Not sure what you would think if it, having a GTi polo and a TDi lupo, but they are great for what they are, obviously you dont buy a 1.0 to beat traffic light races, but they are super engines, i love driving mine.

Mine might be due up for sale soon, although your probably not wanting a Seat!

yeah....

I have been told all VW engines have the front-up Reverse gear..

Guess this ones a DUD....

Ive no idea what you have there then :lol:

handles a motorway well so long as you accept you won't be cruising at 80

It does 80 fine, infact it seems to like 80 better than 70, as you can hear the engine less, its a little boomy at 70, but goes off after 80. Although you can watch the fuel needle drop at 80+!

4 miles of motorway into town - cruising @ 90 (in theory) :rolleyes: ), is fine and dosent waste a mouth full of petrol - of course thats if I were to be doing that B)

Anything past 90 is funny and likely 2 catch some smokee fire if kept - (tops of 104mph for my 1.0

my little 1.0 litre is perfect for what i need :) it's my first car!

it's a bit slow at pulling away for obvious reasons...also hills are sometimes a problem!

but once she's going she's awayyyyy!

i cruise the motorway at 80/90 no problem! probably not so good for the car though :/