1 litre owners

Picola

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 1.0 and I love it. I have a GTi and I love it.

I imagine if I'd bought a 1.4 instead of the 1.0 I would love it just the same. :rolleyes:

They are different cars with different reasons for being on this earth.

I don't love the 1.0 on long hills and I don't love the GTi when I'm.... nope, can't think.

Ray

During the joys of hills - any 1.0L enthusiast would, or should know hill strategies to make it all that more easy and efficient B):coffee:

I do. It's just that I enjoy blasting them in the GiT more :shades:

I do. It's just that I enjoy blasting them in the GiT more :shades:

Agreed there :shades: , When I was driving the peugeot 207gti - i did quite enjoy uphill a tad more - but now it takes some thought and run up :blush:

The 1.0 rocks.

I drove my 1.0 faster than I drive my GTI, just gives you so much confindence and you learn how to corner correctly.

In the GTI you find yourself using the brakes.

But you have a Polo GTi, check "auto detect nearest Gala Bingo Hall" is switched off in the ECU, else the car is constantly searching.

Also removing the knitting needles etc from down the back of the seats will reduce the weight a bit.

:rolleyes:

i love my 1L and i have no problems with hills! i also enjoy my licence too much to want to go much faster than i can!

Im starting to slow it down abit - in realising how easy it is to pick up over the speed limit, esp in the rain where i wouldnt like to end up in a ditch like many before.

I onli find a bit of trouble in corners where the loop likes to wobble the feel of a bus - lowering shall prove to be productive in society in this case :rolleyes:

I'd rather a 1.2 twin cam than a 1 litre. lol.

Having had a couple of 70bhp 1.2 ibiza 3pots as loan cars, one of which i had for 3 months, i can say there was only slight difference in real world performance to the 1.0, i was a little dissapointed with the last 1.2 i had the loan of, just all noise and no go. Im sure the first one felt better!

I do like the 1.2 though, its got character ;)

Having had a couple of 70bhp 1.2 ibiza 3pots as loan cars, one of which i had for 3 months, i can say there was only slight difference in real world performance to the 1.0, i was a little dissapointed with the last 1.2 i had the loan of, just all noise and no go. Im sure the first one felt better!

I do like the 1.2 though, its got character ;)

The difference is that you had never driven a TDi when you had the first courtesy car. Once you go black, you never go back :lol:

The difference is that you had never driven a TDi when you had the first courtesy car. Once you go black, you never go back :lol:

:lol:

Errr... torque is addictive! Your right, and yes thats true, although i was impressed with your 55bhp polo! ;) Ive done over 6K miles in 1.2 ibizas, great little engines, if i only drove in the town, id probably have one myself. :o

I dont love my 1.0 for its engine though, obviously you dont buy them because you want acceleration and you dont really buy them for economy, i like it for the car it is, its special to me!

Edited by cardaft

They are great little cars. As mentioned by someone earlier amazing useful to learn in as you can mistakes round corners without costing you your life! Because its underpowered the amount of throttle you can give it roudn a corner before it starts to understeer is amazing. Mines up for sale atm as you may have seen in the marketplace... will be sad to see it go :(