1 litre owners

Picola

In all honest opinions, how do you rate your cars? Are they so slow and lame at getting up hills/overtaking?*

Would you trade it in anyday for a larger engined lupo?

Opinions

Also while Im here, Special Edtions. What else is special, theres cambridge lights, diff alloys, seats. Anything else?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the 1 litre OK for what I use it for which is mainly town and local country driving.

It gets the odd (probaly once a month) long trip to Glasgow (50 miles of motorway), Edinburgh (40 miles of motorway) or Amanda's mum's, which is 50miles of rural A road/dual carriageway driving and generally I find it copes pretty well.

Long hills can be a bit laborious and the speed drops. To be honest if I cruise at over 60 it's no more economical than my GTi.

I do enjoy it, but if I start to feel it's a bit slow I know I can crank the GTi if needed.

I would have got a 1.4 if I'd realy thought about it though.

Ray

See theres a few nice 1.0's for sale here and there and in nice condition too. I dont drive like a maniac and not a speed demon in anyway, but I dont want to spend a year trying to get up a hill or be humiliated trying to get past people. Also the 1 litres are going for good prices too, so thats appealing.

I came from a Tdi to a Gti and miss the economy. So if I go from a Gti to a 1.0 I'll probs miss the poke.

Sensible option will be a 1.4s so I dont even know why Ive made this post.

Blame Canada

They're fine so long as you just sit back and let the rest of the world race on ahead :lol:

Hills can present a slight problem, and overtaking is never considered unless you have a good mile-long straight, but round town it works well and even long trips are fine just cruising at 60 :)

I find overtaking in my 1.0 a 'fun and challanging' deal when out. motorways its good economy @ 60 - upto 98 ive been on the motorways at if theres a feel for a small thrill - otherwise does quite well for a 1st car id recommend - dont think you'd be happy swapping with the gti so a 1.4 it is - its my upgrade choice from the 1.0 (p.s - hills are only a b*tch if speed isnt picked up gradually before-hand)

I came down from a tuned 1.3 and still miss the poke but the 1.0 still makes me smile some how, does struggle up hills but makes you look forward to goin down the otherside :) and once you accept the fact its slow as bread its not so bad.

I came down from a tuned 1.3 and still miss the poke but the 1.0 still makes me smile some how, does struggle up hills but makes you look forward to goin down the otherside :) and once you accept the fact its slow as bread its not so bad.

Agreed :)

I have a 1.0 ...

Apparently its not a VW engine.... Reverse is backward...

Ive been told its a Skoda engine... used probably to kill off stock on the production line...

And its a real piece of SH*T! I hate it really !

Its slow, jerky ( even after a full service) and really sucks !

I want to sell it because its engine is really so BAD !!!!

:angry:

I cant be sure if its mine that is just no good, but if they're all like this... my word of advice is ...

SKIP THE 1.0 - A real SICK PUPPY !!!

:(

Also while Im here, Special Edtions. What else is special, theres cambridge lights, diff alloys, seats. Anything else?
If anyone has any questions this may help:

As far as I know...

The Lupo 'SE' (called cambridge edition im germany) was just a limited edition trim level.

They all have either '52' or '03' registrations.

They came in two colours, Fresco Green and Black.

They came with either 1.0, 1.4 (75 bhp), 1.4 Auto, or 1.7 SDI engines.

They are known for their rear lights, which have a tinted indicator lense.

Inside they have a perforated leather steering wheel, gear knob and handbrake; and green coloured seat inserts.

Outside, they have colour coded mirrors, door handles, bump strips, and alloy wheels.

Also they have a 14" steel spare, and out 2 1.4's have the 'BBY' engine code.

I hope this helps to clear up the 'Cambridge lupo' issue.

I have a 1.0 ...

Apparently its not a VW engine.... Reverse is backward...

Ive been told its a Skoda engine... used probably to kill off stock on the production line...

And its a real piece of SH*T! I hate it really !

Its slow, jerky ( even after a full service) and really sucks !

I want to sell it because its engine is really so BAD !!!!

:angry:

I cant be sure if its mine that is just no good, but if they're all like this... my word of advice is ...

SKIP THE 1.0 - A real SICK PUPPY !!!

:(

Its just yours mate.

Reverse is backward? Do you mean the reverse position?

What about a 1.2 3 cylinder Polo? They range from 55PS, 60PS, 64PS, 65PS and 70PS.

55MPG. 65PS + is 12V

I dont feel the love with my Polo now so dont want another!

Jon thans for the SE post! BO!

Marco- Sooo...Im guessin you dont like the 1ltr!!

i have a 1 litter arosa.. and i rarely find i need more power...

i can drive a bit fast sometimes... i overtake people and stuff easy....

i tend to speed of at the lights next to people :D i like doing this

:D

only time iv ever thought i need more power is a hill... which is rare.. and ones ur over .. its over and ur fine..

but to be fair if u want more power just dont change gear so quickly .. when i get over 3k revs i get a nice amount of acceleration.....

my next car i would probly get a bigger engine.. just cus i like going fast and i dont want to **** up my car.... :P

but im realy not that bothered...

2 be fair a 1 litre is enough power... we dont exactly need to do races :P

and my car can just baout get to 100mph.. might take a while.. but iv done it...

and my car can just baout get to 100mph.. might take a while.. but iv done it...

Ive had 103 :P an that was with 4 people with luggage and half a tank of petrol, yes it did take a month or two to get there and yes it was down hill with a light tail wind lol was fairly stable tho.