men laughing?

green envy

Haha, what do they know! The mk4 golf is by far the worst, its not worthy of a GTi badge :wacko:

Neither was the mk5...he had two passengers which is a fair bit of weight but I still left him by a quite a few car lengths.

I don't think I've had people laugh at me though I do get Chingford girls looking at me with a blank face..."OMG it's Kenzie from the Blazing Squad!"

Edited by Niche

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither was the mk5...he had two passengers which is a fair bit of weight but I still left him by a quite a few car lengths.

He wasn't going for it then. A mkV GTi is much faster than a 100bhp sport. I've driven both and that's the impression I got.

Although it could always be a mkV GTi look alike :huh:

If i get laughed at i just press my incredably camp horn and wave.

Might as well play up to the stereotype a bit, and laugh back at their face when you do it

I've never had anyone laugh at my car, one of the local chavs asked "what's the deal with the satelite dish wheels pal?" If he uses a Ronal Turbo for a satelite dish, he's got friggin' issues. Daft c*nt.

I've not actually been laughed at although I'm sure not many people take cars like a Lupo seriously, my car does get a lot of young guys looking at it but thats probably coz its low and loud! lol

I'd say to anyone who slates em, take em out for a spin and see what they say. The proof is in the pudding. :)

tbh i love my lupo. i dont car if people laff but tbh most of the times most people like it. it does get called "the shoe" at work but who cares. took one of the blokes from work out round the ring and he was very impressed and now loves it.

and tbh i think owning a gti after just turning 19 is pretty impressive

Few of my mates try and take the p!ss but out of all of them the quickest they can muster is a fiesta zetec s.... not even 100 bhp from a 1.6 ... poor.

Get the odd few corsa's and saxo's tryin to have a go aswell but they soon back off after i give them a good look at the back end as i rapidly disappear.

how about its impressive to be able to afford a 5 grand car by yourself, and pay insurance yourself. also being able to run it when you have just turned 19 when most people can only afford 1 litre cars.

thats how :wave:

Edited by Cooky

when i first saw a lupo drive past me and i was looking for a car my bf said u should get one of those and i was p**s off looks like a box....... then i saw another one and another n to be honest fell in love!

there not everyones taste but if u no ur cars (and arent a chav in a corsa) u will love the lupo

mine used to be called the "post man pat van" did make me laugh but still they drive a corsa so says it all lol

all in all lupos rock!!! haha

Few of my mates try and take the p!ss but out of all of them the quickest they can muster is a fiesta zetec s.... not even 100 bhp from a 1.6 ... poor.

Get the odd few corsa's and saxo's tryin to have a go aswell but they soon back off after i give them a good look at the back end as i rapidly disappear.

the zetec s is supposed to be 100bhp from the 1.6, but as you say from a 1.6 16v that is very poor, however tuning of them seems rather easily as theres a lad round here with a blue one as a daily running about 180bhp :huh:

Edit: To stay on topic though... none of my mates exactly see a lupo as a girls car :)

but most seem to prefer the arosa front to the lupo ;) (exc gti)

Edited by Daz_Kez

You'll always get car snobs laughing no matter what car you've got, personally I've wanted a Lupo for AGES (was desperate for a Fantasia Green one) and now I've got one I've had nothing but compliments on it, but I love it so much that I wouldnt care anyway :)

Before this I drove a Broom Yellow Fiat Seicento Sporting - now THAT got laughs wherever I went! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...