Fatttty's Lupo GTi | Sold and gone to it's new home.. new car hunt begins :)

fatttty

Boring update, but an update all the same :)

Saturday was spent out in the cold with yet more cleaning. Everything i remove from the engine bay reveils yet more dirt and grime lol! Any way some quick pics of what I've been up to.

Chassis legs dirty-

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

Cleaned-

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

I removed the carbon cannister from the front drivers side to make way for an induction and cold air feed setup. Been trying to remove my manifold cover but its being a complete bitch.

Cleaned up behind the scuttle panel and changed the pollon filter. Oh and managed to snap my scuttle panel so will be off to VW to order a new one along with some new engine mount bolts and some other little bits.

Alex

Sweet gotta be clean :) silver chasis legs look quite decent once the gunks off um don't they, looks mint now tho ure alternator looks cleaner than mine aswell had to paint mine black lol

Top work :)

Made a start on changing the bolts on my BBS at the weekend. The bolts I'm running at the moment had started to go dul land some of the chrome had chipped off them and they were a nightmare to keep clean. I removed two bolts at a time to allow some space for me to polish the flat edge where the bolts sit, worked my way around 2 at a time. As expected it took ages but Im really happy with the results. Only done the one wheel, but will probably do the rest over the coming weeks.

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

Old bolts on the right, new chromed ones on the left-

IMG_0814.jpg

Shineyyyy-

IMG_0817.jpg

Done-

IMG_0815.jpg

More to come :)

Thanks for looking Alex

Awesome work on the wheel dude, result is jaw droppingly beautiful

Cheers Koop, it look me close to 3 hours to do the one wheel with swapping the bolts and polishing the rim. One down.. only three more to go lol!

What polish you using dude? my wheels come back next month and will be my first with bare metal :) need to learn the ways!

Im using MEGS NTX at the moment, cant complain it does the job. I've heard good stuff ago Zeplin metal polish as well.

Looks brilliant mate, saw your pic on Facebook!

Are you polishing by hand & what polish are you using? Love the bolts yum!

Hey dude, yeah polishing my hand... i had w*nkers cramp afterwards lol! Using Megs NXT at the mo, im pleased with it for a money. The bolts are awesome, but £1.05 each inc. VAT they add up, worth it though :)

Is autosol crud?

Erm not crud, its more abrasive than say the Meguires NTX polish. My dishes are pretty new so NTX was fine for them. If you had some pretty dull dishes id start with Autosol for a more abrasive start, then change the NTX after to give the final finish.

Edited by fatttty