Fatttty's Lupo GTi | Sold and gone to it's new home.. new car hunt begins :)

fatttty

Car looks stunning mate really good example :thumbsup:

How did you get the gaitor to fit on your R line gear lever in the original surround as id love to have one of these in my loop?

Cheers

Ben

Hi ben, I removed the mk6 surround and then used a staple gun to attach to the original one. It's attached on the inside edge as the golf gaitor is slightly smaller than the Lupo one

Alex

Alot of time for this lupo Alex :tongueout:

You know i love it

Ryan

So 12yan came round this weekend to help me polish my dash board pieces. I had them smoothed and painted gloss black a couple of years ago and over the time they have gone a little dull. Alot of the problem was from over spray when the car spent almost 6 months in the bodyshop with no doors or windows lol!

Anyway I wanted them looking tip top ago, we gave them a pass with a medium cut polish, then a pass with final cut before finishing with Swiss Wax prewax cleanser and sealed with Swiss Wax Best of Show wax :)

Here are the results...

Dull and faded side vent suround-

IMG_0719.jpg

Finished and sealed-

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

Main centre console and T-piece-

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

Supersmooth (removed the '0' and the 'little man' figure from the vents)

IMG_0736.jpg

Thats all for now, but will hopefully have some more updates in the next few weeks / months.

Alex

Edited by fatttty

Sweeet plastics dude good work! Was the red trim your own addition?

It's not trim it's painted, the console was painted flash red, pin stripe was masked off then 2 coats of gloss black and lacquered :)

Alex

So 12yan came round this weekend to help me polish my dash board pieces. I had them smoothed and painted gloss black a couple of years ago and over the time they have gone a little dull. Alot of the problem was from over spray when the car spent almost 6 months in the bodyshop with no doors or windows lol!

Anyway I wanted them looking tip top ago, we gave them a pass with a medium cut polish, then a pass with final cut before finishing with Swiss Wax prewax cleanser and sealed with Swiss Wax Best of Show wax :)

Here are the results...

IMG_0719.jpg

Finished and sealed-

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

Thats all for now, but will hopefully have some more updates in the next few weeks / months.

Alex

:wub:

Came up really well Alex, look forward to seeing them back in the car Dude

One of my Fav mods on your car due to it been sooo different :)

Its going to look at its best next year and im EXCITED

Ryan

You worked your magic once again mr noon :) I'm looking forward to next year, much to do over the winter.

Got to get the front end off before new year if I stand a chance of getting everything done lol!

• 2 weeks later...

Started to strip the front end off yesterday, made a reasonable start. Archliners, front bumper, bumper reinforcers, headlights, side lights all off.

IMG_0759.jpg

Just radiator, aircon and front panel to go, will get on this next weekend. Got lots of cleaning to do and some new bits to fit and old bits to paint / powdercoat.

Going to see my paint guy this week to drop off my front bumper (dropped it and it got scratched dohhh) and a few other bits of trim.

More to come, Alex

Here are the results...

IMG_0719.jpg

Finished and sealed-

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

Alex

Hi mate car looks cool,been thinking about do my Main centre console and T-piece but how does the T-piece come out?