whats your favourite part of the lupo?

D_eano

Inside space gets me every time. Whenever some one else gets into the car for the first time they say "It's big in here"...

so true iv had that from almost everyone thats been in my car, was the first thing my mum said about the car

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thought that went into it, they made xenons standard (which is remarkable these days as they're nearly always an optional extra), the fact that when you switch the lights off the dash lights fade instead of just switching off, the fact they put the battery in the boot, the center exit exhaust and the fact that you never see another one on the road.

Although lot's more love since i've had the coilovers wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Many parts....

Xenons, dials, rear end, exclusivity, colour and as previously said the closest modern thing to a Golf mk1 GTI wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

the fact that when you switch the lights off the dash lights fade instead of just switching off,

wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

the GTI dials fade out???? rarr i want that

I love it when people try to beat you away from traffic lights. You can hear them reving the engine and when the lights turn to green your away and you can hear them way behind you thrashing their car throught the gears and your still only in 2nd gear!

From IDmodds other half. wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

I like the petrol cover, and the fact that the lines run into the rear lights, also the little piece out of the drivers rear light to get your finger in to open the fuel cover.

Gotta love the whole interior, and the Blue/Red combo.

I like the fact that the boot is small. Bigger boots just tempt you to put all sorts of crap in get full of rubbish. This is the cleanest boot I've ever had.

I think they look small, solid and well proportioned. I don't like my aftermarket sunroof as it leaks. Need to get it in to get it fixed this summer.

Ray

The rear end gets my vote, i like a lot of things on the car, but the design of the rear is stunning wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

I don't like my aftermarket sunroof as it leaks.

Aftermarket sunroof? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Aftermarket sunroof? eventcom.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I'll need see the body shop lecturers at work to see if they can lift it out, clean the roof and surround, and reseal it.

Maybe aftermarket was the wrong chioce of word.

R

Ah, just never heard of a retro-fitted sunroof before.

On searching for that pic, I found out that the one in the pic would have been about £300+!

I could think of better things to spend £300 on. Especially with the amount of sun we get in Scotland.

Ray

Ah, just never heard of a retro-fitted sunroof before.

my nan had one once on her peugeot 309 laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

tidy job aswell. with the net blinds that slid across it!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I just love the cult following that goes with it even people that know nothing about cars understand the greatness of the lupo gti and i love the way 106 gti drivers always say oh i wanted one of them but they were just too expensive oooo and no matter how much my girlfriend tries to cutify it (my own made up word for when women make things sound cute eg. i raced a starlet glanza last week and the missus was like awwwwwwwww it squeaks when he changes gear) I just press the little 125pedal and feel the note of the bmc at 5000rpm to remind me it's a rugged manly beast

I just love the cult following that goes with it even people that know nothing about cars understand the greatness of the lupo gti and i love the way 106 gti drivers always say oh i wanted one of them but they were just too expensive oooo and no matter how much my girlfriend tries to cutify it (my own made up word for when women make things sound cute eg. i raced a starlet glanza last week and the missus was like awwwwwwwww it squeaks when he changes gear) I just press the little 125pedal and feel the note of the bmc at 5000rpm to remind me it's a rugged manly beast

haha quality