Topgear

Unheard

i read this on another forum. apparently the bbc have now denied its being cut.

although jeremy clarkson has refused to say whether he will be back. so it may come back but minus jc. which would be a shame.

i think its all a little up in the air a bit at the mo.

This is on BBCi under the entertainment bit.

He says it's not back in the Summer, the BBC said it is in special form...and a series in the Autumn.

It has nothing to do with it being banned or anything, go to BBCi on your freeview boxes and read the truth.

Good old msn news, I wouldn't trust them to report that 2+2 still equals 4.

“After last week’s Top Gear, the continuity announcer said the show would be back in the summer. Can I just say, here and now, it won’t be.”

That does sound like a comment taken COMPLETELY out of context.

this tv show is watched by millions, y would they take it off air??

p.s cant read the link my work blocks msn sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Clarkson is in budget talks and needs some more cash to cover his lambo, threatened to pull out and no doubt huge public outcry and they'll give him a bit more and bring it back.

Not bothered , it went abit off topic for me in the last series.

Agreed.

Im bored to death of the Celeb wacky races, and the fact that none of the new cars I wanted to know about was shown all season.

Why wasn't the R26?

Why wasn't the Clio sport?

Why wasn't the S-Max?

etc etc..

Im hoping it was down to the fact that Richard was in hospital, so they didn't do any filming, but Id doubt it.

Agreed.

Im bored to death of the Celeb wacky races, and the fact that none of the new cars I wanted to know about was shown all season.

Why wasn't the R26?

Why wasn't the Clio sport?

Why wasn't the S-Max?

etc etc..

Im hoping it was down to the fact that Richard was in hospital, so they didn't do any filming, but Id doubt it.

they did most of the filming before his crash so thats cant be the reason

Clarkson and Andy Wilman (the producer) have said that once they start to run out of ideas they will axe the show, as they don't want it to drag on.

I don't think they'll bring it back without Clarkson, haven't all 3 said as soon as one of them stops doing it, they'll all pack it in?

They tested the S-Max didn't they? I'm sure they did.

It would be a shame if they cancelled it, it's the only program I watch.

This is all out of context, Clarkson left Top Gear once before, and knows what an arsehole he was for it, having achieved nothing.

If they run out of idea's, hey, just fecking review some cars once in a while. I like the challenges and all, but delete that whole chat show segment, it's crap.

Edited by krieglupo

I'm bored with Clarkson's always right antics. If I was 22 and reading Max Power, I might give him some real attention. James May proved what a total ass'ole he is on the wine thing with Oz Clarke.

Having said that, I went right off Fifth Gear too, and not just with the introduction of the Ace Café set up.

Maybe we need to introduce Which Gear, the motoring show for Lupo and Arosa drivers with broken pedal boxes. After all, the site is populated by a good mix of 'experts' and 'otherwise not that fussed about the latest (insert ailing UK motor manufacturer here) saga' type people. I'd replace the Stig with my Mum, who seems to think that anything less than 160kmh is gay, especially with a dozen bottles of red and a baguette in the boot. Airfield location? Knackers to that, get down the local private hire pull ups, all test drives to be carried out by Ahmed and his troop who can test the non-functionality of indicators, mirrors, side windows and brake lights and see how high a kerb you can pull on to.

As you can see, I've given this much thought.

Edited by IDGM

I have to say I like the whole format of it. It’s not really a car review show any more it’s an entertainment show and it is probably the best there is around.

The cinematography is amazing (I love the camera pulls and gradient filters they use). No other TV show that I know of is up to that standard. It has an editing ration of a feature film for every episode. It’s funny, exciting and un politically correct. they dont shy away from taking risks.

people take the show too seriously, my dad is always shouting at the tv when they slate a car on the cool wall that he likes, we all know that skodas are good cars now and the new kia ceed is going to be a huge hit and is quite a cool little car, but then thats not really the point

you have to remember the old top gear was around before the internet boom when you had to rely on car mags or tv to get info on a new car coming out. now there are 1000s of car forums car review sites, news groups its so easy to get any information you need on a car. you can talk to real people with real world opinuons on the car. as soon as something new happens in the car world the first place you will hear abut it is the web. i just does not make sence to produce the old topgear any more

And don’t forget there is still 5th gear on channel 5

I suppose, I really love Top Gear, but my only gripe like I said is that 15-20 minutes of talk show. Most weeks it's somehow who I couldn't care less about.

Top Gear is a good hours entertainment. I doubt i could afford anything they review but i don't care cos it makes me laugh the night before i return to the dreary world of work. As for 5th gear dull boring and tiff needell trying to be clarkson. very poor show!

Wouldn't suprise me if the Beeb have told him to cut costs, at a reputed £500,000 an episode i should think they choke everytime a new idea is thought up (How much must the Reliant rocket of cost). Not that im complaining, i pay my TV licence and am happy with the results. Sort of.

At the end of the day if the BBC don't air Top Gear and the contracts fail, someone else (either ITV or C4) will by the program and presenters, i mean it's an entertainment show now and it's not going to be binned with the viewing figures they have, i'm not in the slightest bit worried it wont be back,

With that said, i agree with some of the others on here, i want a geeky car show back with proper reviews and and proper road tests. IMO 5th gear has lost it completely, is trying too hard to be cool and is going off on some stupid tangent, i mean in the last series Tiff Needell didn't even present it blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I like Top Gear as an entertainment show but it's pretty useless as a car show now.

Fifth Gear has usefull information , hands on reviews and head to head shoot outs. All from Tiff Needle who knows his **** about cars...

I was watching old fifth gears last night, they are good, or atleast before the move to the cafe instead of the office thing, they are trying to be topgear now.

One was a test of the Golf GTi and skoda VRS, they give you loads of information on cars you could afford, although the race between them in reverse was slightly stupid.

We need another car program like that, or fifth gear to go back to how it was.

What ever happened to Driven? i used to like that programme, they did useful tests like what a car is like to live with like boot space and how hard it is to park etc

Chris