Celebrity Big Brother Racism

willcrook

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If legal action arose - clublupo would reserve the right to... they might not, but they might do. They might have to.

And why are you posting that in this thread anyway?

Couldnt someone go back and delete their posts? or do you have a database?!

Well, just been through all 14 pages of Lupo 1.0's Readers Ride thread, to find out the comment was the third last one on the last page. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

He said:

"just been reading this thread at work wkd project mate its lookin good man

Tim @ HIC"

Getting back on topic. Some how I missed this post...

What is racism? Its a whole heap of things, it starts of in basic form as ignorance/bullying etc...

Saying that Jade is not racist, the C4 edits tried quite hard to make it so, but she isn't. She is ignorant, but that is Jade.

I have to agree on the point that Jade is not racist, personally I think that she is pig ignorant, thick as sh*t & a good indication of an ever growing population of 'un-educated' that this country seems so intent on spawning, regardless of race, religion or creed.

Danielle is racist and she knows it, to say 'f off home' to a coloured person is not right, i've heard it in my younger days and definitely not right.

Is this racist? Its a throw away comment that many people use, I've said it before, granted it was to 'white' people, but why should a comment take on a racist element just because of someones creed? If she had said something more along the lines of "Why dont you F off home to your own country" then I would be in agreement.

I have to say racism is not an easy issue to describe, from personal experience you can feel racism even without anything being said. EG like going into a bar/restaurant where everyone does look at you and makes you feel unwanted.

I've walked into many bars been stared at & made to feel uncomfortable. The colour of your skin may have nothing to do with, they may just think you're a t*t. Too many things get like this get attributed to being a race issue, unless you're certain dont raise it as being such, it only helps to tarnish the image of entire communites regardless of race.

Racism happens to every colour, but it does happen to people of colour more.

This comment speaks volumes & is unfortunately why so many get labelled as having 'a chip on the shoulder' & are possibly not taken seriously when they may have a genuine case.

Discuss.

Edited by Max69vk

Danielle is racist and she knows it, to say 'f off home' to a coloured person is not right, i've heard it in my younger days and definitely not right.
Is this racist? Its a throw away comment that many people use, I've said it before, granted it was to 'white' people, but why should a comment take on a racist element just because of someones creed? If she had said something more along the lines of "Why dont you F off home to your own country" then I would be in agreement.

Actually, as much as this seems like a racist slur, I don't agree that it is at all in this context. If she lived in *this* country, and was told to go back home (assumingly due to the colour of her skin), then it would be. Because she doesn't live in this country anyway, I don't think it can be taken as racist at all if the comment was about her, and not her race. Even if it mentioned 'her own country'.

If the comment had been along the lines of "she should go back home as well as the rest of them", then that would have been a different matter - referring to her race.

You could tell an average white American to go home, that doesn't mean you hate all white Americans...

I think it's clear from the comments above that the whole racism thing has proved to be ambiguous in it's interpretation.

Bearing in mind we all seem to be more intelligent that the average Big Brother House resident, there isn't much chance that a clear cut conclusion on the matter will be reached.

Just heard Pat Butcher from S-Club 7 doing an interview on top journo programme, GMTV.

Between the sobs, she reckons she didn't mean to be horrible and cannot go home because she has had death threats.

Ha Ha Bloody Ha. It's cheered me right up that has.

My Mrs is from cape town and she is "Coloured'' She is not black, On her birth cert it says coloured. I was talking to a black girl at work who told me that I couldn't call my own wife coloured! I actually corrected her on her ignorance and it made a difficult moment at work. coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

not gonna get to invold as i know i will ened up with a ban again lol.

but i dont belive that the comments where ment to be racist and not even so much bullying. they had a dislike for someone and bitched about her,

i dont think it was to do with the colour of her skin as why would they not make comments to Jermaine.

and the comment nfbr made does have a point, even just reading this topic its ok to call a pale complexion "white" but then people stay away from calling someone of dark complexion "black"

even if you read comments in this whole topic, the word black person has only been used 4 times at the most. so why it ok to someone white and not black??

quite like the new (common sence) Tory line on the Muslim leaders trying to spiel the extreme party line like the BNP which doesn't speak for the majority of their organization. Nobody comes to this country to be under severe shear (sp) law, if they did want that they'd go to Iran or Syria. The majority of minority groups just want to be left to get on with things and that's the way it should be. No special schools, special rules or alternative solutions if you don't agree with the consensus of the society then you can always move but if you agree with the basics regarding democracy, law, freedoms of speech religion etc. then there shouldn’t be a problem.

so why it ok to someone white and not black??

Ask a Gangsta Rapper. He'd probably say he was an African American before popping a cap in your ass in a drive by.

I'm an English Briton, it doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?

Ask a Gangsta Rapper. He'd probably say he was an African American before popping a cap in your ass in a drive by.

I'm an English Briton, it doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?

lol yer true. altho i just think its just down to if you know the person. like a got about the same black mates as white, one of them calles me white boy and i call him midnight.

ok yer i know a lot of people will see that as racism but he finds it funny as he knows iam messing around and does not find it offensive, but he would if someone who it didnt know called him it as i would find it offensive if someone random called me white boy.

lol yer true. altho i just think its just down to if you know the person. like a got about the same black mates as white, one of them calles me white boy and i call him midnight.

ok yer i know a lot of people will see that as racism but he finds it funny as he knows iam messing around and does not find it offensive, but he would if someone who it didnt know called him it as i would find it offensive if someone random called me white boy.

same with me, me and all my mates have nicknames that some people would find 'racist', my collegues call me by it too. i have no problem with it at all and they have their own respective nicknames.

it all comes down to

a.) how well the person knows you

b.) if you have a sense of humor

c.) how (imo) sad you and the people around you are. (and i mean sad as in 'loser' not unhappy)

and in the big brother situation, they were strangers, they evidently cant take a joke and to go on celeb big brother (imo) you're pretty sad

although i still dont think the bits i saw were racist

Talking about the whole colour issue I read somewhere that when Nelson Mandela was on trial before his imprisonment, he was asked why he referred to himself as being black when he was actually dark brown. He replied something a long the lines of 'Why do you call yourself white when you're more a shade of pink'. Legend! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />