40mph head on with audi S4 = 1 x dead GTi

dickstar

Evening all!

Well, what a crap day!!Decided to take the Gti to work today as have just got her new 16 bbs split rims on and decided she needed a run out!! Travelled the 60 miles to work and just as I was arriving at work and turning right at the filter a lovely chap in a new S4 (who was apperently late for work) jumped the lights (which were on red for him) on to my side of the road and hit me head on at approx 40mph!!

He hit me so hard he spun my car 360 degrees! pushed the engine through the bulk head on the passenger side and put my bonnet in to my windscreen!! The result is that my treasured lupo is now totally and utterly dead!! There is nothing left of the front passenger side of the car, the door pillars and doors are totally bent, the dash is 6 inches further forward and she is basically ****ed (along with my new split rims!!)

The only consilation other than the fact that i am ok is that not only is he been done for dangerous driving but his new S4 is now also very very dead!

This incidient has also once again proved the strength of the little Lupo!! While she may be dead the police said that had I not been in such a sturdy little motor I would not have walked away!!

Dont suppose anyone has a low mile 02ish plate GTi in silver with leather and air and full service history they want to sell me do they??

Either way as soon as I get my insurance through its another GTi or and S3 for me!!!

oh dear

at least your ok, thats the main thing

cars can be replaced ( see mine in for sale laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> )

ps

what do you want silver for (common as muck tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )

Bah sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Glad your ok tho!

Tough call on the S3/GTi tho...! And who's having dibs on his leather interior?? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I hate the fact that one idiot can destroy a loved car, but yeah dont except the first offer, and damo's rite, his raven blue metallic is so nice, if I had the money id buy it!

I like the fact the lupo is such a strong car... makes me feel safe even in such a small car!

That guy needs a good shoeing

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You heard the man. Do the dance.

What an idiot, but again proves what a bit of red-mist can cause.

Glad all is okay though. A car's a car, and can be replaced.

I dont think BBS have a wheelchair range yet, so if the accident was bad, your tuning possibilities would be limited.

Joking aside, just glad no-one was physically hurt.

Everyone is missing the bigger picture here. Did you manage to get the day off work biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . On a serious note glad your ok and its nice to know i'm driving an NCAP 4 car. Did your airbag go off just out of interest. Dunno if you can but could you make the insurance company buy you a car or do you just have to take the cash?

Thanks for comments everyone!!

Car has gone to Just Car in GY! Dont know what the insurance will say but at the end of the day I aint accepting anything less than what it would cost me to replace for similar age/spec/miles from a dealer!!

As far as the S4 touting muppet goes he was been carted off as I left the scene for hospital!! Only injuries are air bag burns on hands, bruised ribs and whip-lash! Which I will be making the most of via my insurance companies friendly solicitors!!

Am so gutted!! I loved that car!! Made its worse as I had only fitted wheels last weekend after driving to wales to collect, having the outer polished and the inners powdercoated slate!!! Kinda ironic as I only spent £30 on saturday having a minor dent taken out the door!!

Only final consilation is that prior to the police arriving while the guy wittered to his insurance I hoofed the drivers side aluminium mirror off his car in fit of momentary rage! which then got run over by a nice big truck!! That and the fact that he has only had the car ive week and apparently it cost him mega bucks to insure (gonna cost hime even more now with 0 no claims, a dangerous driving conviction and over £50k worth of knackered cars!!) ha ha ha! Not that his car will ever see the road again as it was as bad if not worse than mine!!!

Just a totally gay situation!! absolutely un neccessary, and has destroyed yet another of a very special and very rare breed of VW GTi!!

P.S.

Have fully comp on a like for like policy ha ha! Knew that would pay off eventually!!! No way its not a gonner as both airbags went off! The engine is at 45 degrees through the passenger footwell! there is no bonnet or wings left and all the pilars are you shaped!!!

And yes got the week off on doctors orders!!

I just hope the ******* was 3rd party fire and theft!!

i'm sorry to hear of this mate, but the main thing is you're ok! there are a few on autotrader at the mo. and it was all his fault!

thats sh*te mate. iam gutted for ya.

- i just hope you can get another with the insurance, great little cars smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by payna

what a cock good to hear your still ticking

wonder if yor rear beam is ok biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Jeeez... glad you're OK though mate.

With any luck they'll throw the book at the bloke & he'll be off the road for a while.

Just makes you realise how luck we are to have such sturdy cars to cope so well with such a massive impact.

Rest up tonight - you're bound to ache like hell tomorrow.