Jump to content
Skajme

My Raven Blue GTI

Recommended Posts

The logo caps are £50 for four roughly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

BBS wheels still not on? :doh:

Only just got them back from powder coaters a couple of days ago. Had to sell the last set of wheels before I could sort the BBS out! Got a week off work next week though and i've bought myself a DA polisher. So I'm going to spend a couple of days getting everything looking sharp :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weekend's here.

Get them on already and some pictures for us all :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, wheels are finally on, they look better than I could have hoped!

While I was there i cleaned the arches and behind the arch liners! Looks a lot better, quick before and after!

IMG_20190501_124807.jpg-for-web.jpg.1d50fd26a7e2a3abb9cb3e79871eba73.jpgIMG_20190501_155401.jpg-for-web.jpg.65778bbaa8aafb159b46d28397652fb5.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now the wheels, had them powdercoated in chrome, looks lovely and looks quite similar to the original RC finish!

 

Untitled-1.jpg-forweb.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for all the posts, getting around the post upload limit. You'll notice the tints are gone aswell. Heat gun made light work of them!IMG_20190503_152059.jpg-for-web.thumb.jpg.591ac8ef091cc6038fb50dd0f135198e.jpgIMG_20190503_153231.jpg-for-web.thumb.jpg.5ea5476df353bc105f0bc076c10134c3.jpg

Edited by Skajme
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 9:26 AM, Blue Loop said:

That's looking way better than before :thumbsup:

Cheers! Every time I look at the wheels, I love them more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking looking car and thread, thoroughly enjoyed reading it and i'll certainly be taking some of your ideas forward. The wheel looks amazing in the car!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 5/14/2019 at 10:56 PM, dougie1142 said:

Cracking looking car and thread, thoroughly enjoyed reading it and i'll certainly be taking some of your ideas forward. The wheel looks amazing in the car!

Cheers, mate! It's getting there!

Hopefully getting a whiteline rear arb next week, heard great things so i'm looking forward to sorting it!

Quick pic aswell :)

road-web.thumb.jpg.72a3d6a99f48d894787efbfc7afcf400.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Whiteline rear ARB makes a huge difference, I've got mine set on medium and the handling is so much better! In my top 3 mods to do to a GTI (280mm brakes and coilies)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

The Whiteline rear ARB makes a huge difference, I've got mine set on medium and the handling is so much better! In my top 3 mods to do to a GTI (280mm brakes and coilies)

KW V1s not stupidly low

280mm Brembo Max front discs,  MOTUL DOT 5.1 Fluid and Stainless braided hoses: Brembo OEM replacement on rear, Tarox Strada pads all round.

Whiteline Rear ARB on middle setting

17mm spacers on rear

Vrdestein Sportrac 5 all round; or they will be when I get my wheels refurbed and a new pair up front

 

...eats up the Scottish Roads (and English) just fine 👍🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 12:08 AM, Skajme said:

Hopefully getting a whiteline rear arb next week, heard great things so i'm looking forward to sorting it!

Only complaint about mine was the lack of rustproofing of the mounting hardware, ARB itself was quite crusty - if you can hold off to get some paint or better powder coat - it should stay presentable a lot longer. When I took mine off 2 of the nuts sheared the beam U bolt - I replaced those with stainless

BTW  - Looking really good on the RC's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 8:18 PM, LR5V said:

Only complaint about mine was the lack of rustproofing of the mounting hardware, ARB itself was quite crusty - if you can hold off to get some paint or better powder coat - it should stay presentable a lot longer. When I took mine off 2 of the nuts sheared the beam U bolt - I replaced those with stainless

BTW  - Looking really good on the RC's

Cheers, have just been and bought the ARB from Awesome. I've got a tin of black hammerite knocking about, so I'm going to give all the mounting hardware a couple of coats just to at least give it some protection as I have heard a few times already that they rust up pretty badly! It comes with all black bushes now that don't require greasing. I'm guessing that's recent as all the pictures i've seen before they are yellow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ARB is on, like everyone's said it makes a big difference, so I'm very happy with it! Have since put on a BMC CDA with metal piping and I have a stainless manifold to go on, I'll probably get this fitted at Tony Banks with a sports cat. Gonna keep hold of the standard mani incase I ever want to revert back!

Got some car park pictures today, multi-storeys have the best lighting!

1stjuly1.thumb.jpg.c1d0fdbac387bcc3826fe44168755511.jpg

1stJuly-2.thumb.jpg.a2335ed906208ccf919214257793f822.jpg

1stjuly-3.thumb.jpg.41e92010047206d3054324f0a2977f3a.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is looking stunning mate!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get an agreed insurance value on it. Book value is only £900. 

Fit an immobilser. It looks very nickable = gorgeous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Skajme said:

ARB is on, like everyone's said it makes a big difference, so I'm very happy with it! Have since put on a BMC CDA with metal piping and I have a stainless manifold to go on, I'll probably get this fitted at Tony Banks with a sports cat. Gonna keep hold of the standard mani incase I ever want to revert back!

Got some car park pictures today, multi-storeys have the best lighting!

1stjuly1.thumb.jpg.c1d0fdbac387bcc3826fe44168755511.jpg

1stJuly-2.thumb.jpg.a2335ed906208ccf919214257793f822.jpg

1stjuly-3.thumb.jpg.41e92010047206d3054324f0a2977f3a.jpg

Please excuse me for being very nosey :blush:(again), but what stainless exhaust manifold are you going for?

 

Any idea which VW dealer it originated from? :) 

Martin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mk2 said:

Get an agreed insurance value on it. Book value is only £900. 

Fit an immobilser. It looks very nickable = gorgeous.

I second this, cost me £15 for my agreed valuation. Been burnt before.

Looks amazing 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

That is looking stunning mate!

Thanks!

11 hours ago, mk2 said:

Get an agreed insurance value on it. Book value is only £900. 

Fit an immobilser. It looks very nickable = gorgeous.

Gonna get that done when I renew next time, not to tempt fate but it's only a few months away! Would I be better with a specialist insurance company for something like that aswell?
Is the standard immobiliser not upto much? Any recommendation?

 

 

4 hours ago, Tourist said:

Please excuse me for being very nosey :blush:(again), but what stainless exhaust manifold are you going for?

 

Any idea which VW dealer it originated from? :) 

Martin.

haha, be as nosey as you like :) unfortunately I don't have an answer for you though. It came off a gti someone was breaking, and he said it was custom made. All I know is that its a 4-2-1 manifold

4 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

Very, very nice :)

Cheers 😊

 

54 minutes ago, loopydebs said:

I second this, cost me £15 for my agreed valuation. Been burnt before.

Looks amazing 😍

Definitely worth doing, going to get it done for sure!

Thanks! The hours of cleaning/polishing are worth it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Underground car parks are better than multi storey.

I haven't washed this for weeks but it still looks good.

IMG_02072019_134131_(750_x_500_pixel).jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi.

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. We can also offer agreed value options on pretty much any vehicle as long as it's over 12 months old.

Regards,

Dan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.