Adzer's black and orange lupo - project 1.8t

Adzer

well guys i'm new to this forum and thot i would share my latest project with you guys, i bought this car from a member off here 3 weeks ago with only one intention for it...........1.8t track slag

this car is just gonna be a toy car and a sideline project along side my other project car (4wd leon cupra r 425bhp+)

anyway ill copy and paste my progress so far from the local forum i use, hope you guys enjoy

Drove down to Bradford to pick it up.

Bought it for 500 which I think was cheap for what i got.

Debaged grill

Flushed bonnet

Bonnet bra

Tsw alloys

Gti rear bumper

Cat back exhaust

Coilovers

Clifford alarm and immob

Orange roof and mirrors

Orange interior panels

Jvc headunit

Engine is rough, gearbox is shagged and had no seats or door cards as they was retrimmed orange leather and was worth a pretty penny alone.

Any way some pics

9ude9usu.jpgga2urenu.jpg3ara7usu.jpgubehy4u6.jpgy4udy8e2.jpg3yvuzaha.jpguhu3yby9.jpgzumuru3e.jpgy2utereg.jpgtyqemyru.jpgsadeby7e.jpg

The wheels are just awful and are going once I find a better set.

Well since I got home from england all I've done is sleep as I was shattered, woke up today feeling a bit more refreshed, as I'm still unsure exactly what my plans for the car are there isn't much I can do

But I'm not the kinda guy that can just sit and do nothing.......as the cars soooo small and I'm a lanky **** there was no point buying rear seats so I'll just put in bucket seats in the front which means I don't need the rear trim ;-)

5u7apuqu.jpg

Before I start fabricating engine mounts I need to sort out the pedals as the lupo was clutch cable and the 1.8t Is hydraulic!

To do this the dash needed to come out :-(

3u7yqe7e.jpg

While dash was out I removed the airbag and these are also for gays

u7e7ahy6.jpg

Originally the 3 pedals went thru the pedal box with one bolt but the new clutch pedal is completely different so I had to mod the lupo pedal box and chop some brackets off

uvujytan.jpg

This is the new clutch pedal

2e9eqaha.jpg

Next problem was I was left with a hole in the bulkhead where the original clutch cable came thru. Most ppl would say just leave it but problem being one of the pedal mounting holes sits right where the hole is lol

So out with the welder to fill the hole

uragyre9.jpgnygune4a.jpg

Once that was welded up I just needed to mount the pedal, I had to fabricate a bolt to come thru the bulkhead. Its a but long so will get the grinder on it tomorrow

ymege9a8.jpg

So at the end of the day engines out, and pedal box is finished

Tomorrow remove 1.8t from donor car ;-)

Well thot I'd post a update while I eat my lunch, to finish off the pedal box I had to try make the throttle cable from the donor car fit the lupo. Turned out to work out pretty well. All I had to do was remove a plastic clip and it fitted straight on :-)

4ugyby2y.jpgza7upemy.jpge3e8yza5.jpg

Next job was the gear linkage, lupo has linkages where as donor engine uses cables, once I removed both and compared side by side there was a fair difference in size and the way they mount to the car, after a bit of thinking a found the solution I had to cut of some brackets on the chassis

5esy2u2e.jpgnyhumy5a.jpg

Once that was removed I offered up the

New linkage box to see where I'd need to drill holes to mount it, once I had the holes drilled I tried to fit the shifter to find that the bolts was too short, so I had to cut the original bolts off as the was captive bolts, and weld some longer ones in place so it was long enuf to come they the floor on the inside, some pics of this

besugude.jpg3e4unype.jpgzynaty3a.jpgdyperage.jpgune9aqat.jpggevebehy.jpg8yha4ypu.jpg

Once that was done u could put the dash back in place

qytyvasu.jpg

Also started removing the sound deadening, what a cock of a job

y8yvyvat.jpg

Bit more progress was made

Yesterday, started to cut back the loom of the wires I wouldn't need

py7ygamy.jpga3u6e7a5.jpg

Then started to work on mounting the engine, the driver Side mount needed to be cut out and replaced with the one from the a3, but the a3 mount needed cut to fit

Original mount

ugaqa7er.jpga5utadag.jpg8a7ygaru.jpgqe5apu9u.jpg7u3uvu7y.jpgsejeza7y.jpg

Engine lifted into place to measure up for the passenger side mount

yjevy5y3.jpg

straight in with the work then fella! your right those wheels were f***ing awful, but those bucket seats look quality and fit in nice with the colour scheme. Can't wait to see the end product, weird to see something i used to own stripped apart :thumbsup:

Well spent about 4 hours tryin to get this engine mounted and was ready to loose the plot, eventually got a mount made up for the passenger side but still having some Clearance issues with gearbox/subframe, nowt my hammer won't solve ;-)

Anyway here's some pics

Had to chop chassis leg :-/

y4ezejub.jpg

Engine mounted without hoist ;-)

zymuneqa.jpg

Bonnet closes.....JUST

vuva3ega.jpg

Latest edition for the car ;-)

my2emagy.jpg

New edition to my BUILD

yze7ytuz.jpg

Was hoping to have the engine mounted for good today but didn't happen, got a few bits done none the less.

Got the bay painted

yhurezuv.jpg

Got my home made mounts painted too

2umynyje.jpgumamyra4.jpg

2a4ybuha.jpg

Before the engine goes in I wanted to change the clutch, so I bought a solid flywheel conversion kit to get rid of the dual mass flywheel

Box off

y3apyrus.jpg

Old clutch

ryja7ymy.jpg

New clutch

yzudazar.jpg

Aircon is for gays

While dash was out I removed the airbag and these are also for gays

Wow, you learn something every day......... - I never realised gay people were so safety conscious (or maybe they're just bad drivers?!)! :lol:

Edited by Joti

I'd like to think this thread will help ppl do this conversion :)

This is what i'm thinking.