Chris260's Lupo GTI

chris260

After almost 2 years in a diesel Polo i decided i had enough of depressing myself and get back into a Lupo, a GTI this time though!

This was mostly due to Payna giving me a go in his GTI then Mitch cemented the idea after we went in Picola's TDI. Foxy had previously offered his to me while out for a curry although i wasn't in a position to buy it then. He offered it to me again about a month ago so couldn't pass it up this time!

For those of you that don't know Foxy has spent a fortune on it and given it whatever it needed so i knew it would be a good decision. I was initially set on a silver one but the more i looked the more the black grew on me.

It's lost a few bits since foxy had it in its prime, most notably the exhaust, BMC and Willwoods but it's still got a load of kit on plus i got the KW V2's for the price which was a massive bonus.

Here's a couple of pics from when i picked it up.

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

I didn't waste my time in getting the KW's on, they were well worth getting too. I had a set of FK's in the garage left over from my old lupo which i was going to use but so pleased i got these of Foxy, they're on another level. Especially after the TA Technix one on my old lupo!!

Pics with the KW's

6923258125_2eb8aa6a6d_b.jpg

New Lupo 03 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

6923258519_9221fd0ec7_b.jpg

New Lupo 02 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

6923258901_ee10473231_b.jpg

New Lupo 01 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

It also still has the leather in it! :wub:

6779618616_f316ddeaf5_b.jpg

Lupo Interior 01 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

6779619208_bf68c1eaec_b.jpg

Lupo Interior 03 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

There's a few bits i need to do before i start looking for wheels etc but really pleased with it so far.

Here's one of my old Lupo for old time's sake!

4350665555_80abf51c87_o.jpg

Nordubs Lupos by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

Edited by chris260

Oh Hellllooooo :thumbup:

Wooop good to see you back in a Lupo Chris

Look forward to seeing more pic's :thumbsup:

Ryan

Cheers! Ryan you're partly to blame for me wanting another lupo too! :lol:

Think i'll try the 20mm spacers first, not sure if they'll be too much though. If not i've got a set of 10's and 13's although i have a feeling these wouldn't go over the collar on the hub on the sport. We shall see.

Cheers! Ryan you're partly to blame for me wanting another lupo too! :lol:

Think i'll try the 20mm spacers first, not sure if they'll be too much though. If not i've got a set of 10's and 13's although i have a feeling these wouldn't go over the collar on the hub on the sport. We shall see.

I found my spacers wouldnt fit flush over the collar, but if u flip off the little cap protecting the hub bolt, it can fit flush.

If you are running the Bathursts with 195\45 tyres 20mm will rub when laden or on large bumps at speed. Mine do. and I think I can squeeze 2 fingers between corner of tyre and arch on the drive empty.

I was thinking of getting mine machined to about 17mm at work, but am too lazy.

...and this must be both of you "new" and "old" Lupos together.

4350665555_80abf51c87_o.jpg

Didn't realise you had 20mm on ray, just had a look on your build thread and looks spot on. My arches are rolled too so might get away without scrubbing! Oh and yes you're right about the old and new Lupo pic.

Rich I couldn't leave it dirty, you know how clean my other one was!

Nice to have you back in the lupo fold mr 260, and with such a cool one at that... We need a photoshoot again too mate!

Had you adjusted the exhaust before sending me that pic? Looks to be sitting nicer in the recess?

Not adjusted the exhaust yet, must just be the angle.

I got the spacers on yesterday, tried the 20's first and they looked about right so i didn't bother trying the smaller ones. I'm happy with how it's sitting now, i'd like it a little lower on the front but don't fancy getting into notching the chassis. I'll see what it sits like when i get another set of wheels on.

Here's a pic with the spacers. I'll take a better one with it parked in the same place as the before pic when i get the chance.

6934712611_971b8585b3_b.jpg

Spaced rear wheels 01 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

I reckon you should go to Hartside Cafe for a cup of tea before you decide to lower the front anymore.

I'm not as low as you on the front and I had some bump stop action going on at the weekend.

And I meant to say, you should be fine with the 20mm and rolled arches as mine I would say catch rather than rub.

I think we did that route once in the sport, in fact i think you were there for the first half to Penrith.

Here's a better shot to show the before and after the 20mm spacers just in case anyone fancies doing theirs.

Before

6923258519_9221fd0ec7_z.jpg

New Lupo 02 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

After

6935516763_34d2f65c5c_z.jpg

Rear wheels spaced 04 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr