Chris260's Lupo GTI

chris260

Looking fresh!

...Knew you would make the right decision Chris!

The roof box is a 'must have' addition when it comes to long weekends away and stuff! Any luck in finding one you fancy yet then?

Was that when I had it up for sale or just recently? I would've loved to have bought it back, looks like it's been well looked after. It's disappeared from pistonheads so guessing it's gone to another home.

recently, last month i think, the guy said it was his girlfriend selling it and was built by a vw enthusiast and he cried when we drove the car off ... :P hehe and yer its no longer on piston heads

Lol I didn't cry but I'm pretty sure Sarah did! Saying that I probably would've if I knew how dull the polo that replaced it was!

Ray linked me up with a good roofbox, there's a Thule one too but more than I want to pay really for the amount i'd use it. Can't find a decent looking black one so might have to get it wrapped to match the paint.

Meh, I might paint mine. I'm growing quite fond of the axle stands though.

Your centrecap stickers any good?

The centre cap stickers are ok for a tenner, the glue didn't inspire me with confidence so not entirely convinced they're going to stay stuck on! They look the part though and are on a metal backing.

Sarah likes red but doesn't want a GTI because she thinks she'd get too attached, she was tempted by a black one round the corner although i told her we'd look ridiculous with identical cars. Needs a diesel really.

hehe i bet you sobbed your heart out ;)

If it was the mk1 i was selling that would probably be true! :lol:

Get a TDI !

If i didn't have the GTI i'd probably try a TDI but no need for a diesel myself, i'll try persuading Sarah into getting one! Putting the Bathursts back on has reminded me how fun they are to drive!

Did you find out what blew your 110 fuse ? as that happened to mine Chris

Looks stunning btw :thumbsup:

Ray you should do stand up! I nearly went to see the 2nd one down months ago before i bought Foxy's but it was another grand at the time.

chris the first lupo is back up for sale http://www.autotrade.../1500?logcode=p they obviously never managded to sell it :) ME WANTS!!

Cheers! Excellent base for a bit more modding, hope it ends up back on here.

Did you find out what blew your 110 fuse ? as that happened to mine Chris

Looks stunning btw :thumbsup:

They weren't sure, said the connections were corroded on the fusebox and were shorting out on something but i'm not sure what. Nothing out of the ordinary happened before it blew so i'm just going to keep an eye on it and carry a spare just in case.

Did it happen on yours recently?

The old Lupo looks far too scene these days. . . . .

More of a CC than Kam's though.

Kam's got that exhaust though, i hate him for that. :lol:

Won a Thule roofbox on ebay last night for a bargain, thanks to Payna for the link!!

Two mk2's is always better than 1 Rich! What's the other one, just a daily?

I managed to give the GTI a decent clean last week, i need to invest in something better than the megs gold class wax though because i hate trying to remove it!

A better quality pic with the Bathursts too.

7439807528_53d9301c3a_c.jpg

Lupo GTI on Bathursts by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

I also picked up my roofbox at the weekend, perfect size for a lupo i'd say.

I didn't really want a crap quality one and needed to be a fairly decent size to fit all of our camping stuff in, i thought this one might've been a bit big but i think the shape of it makes it look a bit smaller than it actually is. Tesco are doing them for £150 on offer at the moment but managed to pick this one up for £59 and it's almost like new!

As you can see it's no longer clean and covered in flies after going through a major rainstorm and numerous country roads. The Lupo was awesome though, didn't skip a beat!

7439809018_ff48cbac23_c.jpg

Lupo Roofbox 1 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

7439808660_4e2b4ff2b1_c.jpg

Lupo Roofbox 3 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

7439808360_dc176f879e_c.jpg

Lupo Roofbox 2 by Chris Tweddle, on Flickr

Yes fuse went on mine at UD This year, still not sure why

Wow looks stunning as always :thumbup:

Roof box is very cool :yes:

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good Chris, It's your car now. No mistake!

You have done well to find a good Thule roof box for that price mind, you deserve a pat on the back!

...You've been doing a good job keeping it clean in this crappy weather too. Looks spot on in the clean pic!

Edited by payna

Really like this! Looks a lot better with the silver bathursts :thumbsup:

Do you get any rubbing on the back wheels now that you've spaced them 20mm? I put some on mine on the weekend, and the left tyre catches the arch over bigger bumps, but only the left :unsure:

Looking good Chris, It's your car now. No mistake!

You have done well to find a good Thule roof box for that price mind, you deserve a pat on the back!

...You've been doing a good job keeping it clean in this crappy weather too. Looks spot on in the clean pic!

I definitely got a good deal on the box, cheers for the link! I watched another one that finished yesterday for £85 so pretty happy, it's massive inside too!!

Really like this! Looks a lot better with the silver bathursts :thumbsup:

Do you get any rubbing on the back wheels now that you've spaced them 20mm? I put some on mine on the weekend, and the left tyre catches the arch over bigger bumps, but only the left :unsure:

Thanks, i definitely prefer them in silver now. I wasn't too sure to begin with but they've grown on me.

Mine don't rub but Foxy had the arches rolled and extended a bit when he had the car painted so they're a bit wider than standard. Ray commented that his rub with 15mm spacers so i think unless you go for 10mm you just have to put up with a bit of rubbing on standard arches unfortunately.