Just beat the wheel clampers!!!

williams

Today I parked down a residential street near my uni (there were no visible parking restriction signs) and returned to find a big ugly clamp on my front passangers wheel!

I read the notice that the guy had left and he wanted £380 to remove it, being a student with little to no money I refused to pay and instead headed off to get a socket set, spanners, trolley jack and axel stands.

When i returned the clampers were waiting and warned me not to damage there clamp, and after threatning me with court appearances (which turned out to be a load of rubbish)etc, I told them that the car was mine, and if i wanted to remove the wheel and suspension strut there and then, then i would!

The man seemed a bit annoyed that I was aware of this loop hole but could do nothing to stop me.....until.....

He placed a second clamp around the other front wheel that passed behind the strut and through the spring (all the time he was saying that the tow truck was on its way). To cut along story short I sent someone running back for some spring compressors and to his dismay we removed the second clamp and drove home. There was nothing he or the police could do and I'm not obliged to pay any fine at all.

The point of this post was to try and let people know that there are way's of getting out of clampings. It just seems to be another way of making money from road users.

If anyone needs any advice on removing clamps then let me know.

I agree with the above if it's on your car then surely in the eyes of the law they belong to you. Possesion is 9 tenths of the law as the saying goes! You should of took both home with you woulda cost them more to replace 2 of them than the price they were asking. GOOD ON YOU!

1, for knowing your rights

2, for having the balls

3, CONGRATULATIONS for sticking it to them WELL DONE

This post should be pinned and a how to established

Edited by V3 1UPO

The reason i query it is, Mate honestly where I used to work there was no signs, no marking to say it was protected by said enforcers. When we parked there ( 3 separate cars ) they clamped all of us yes be it on different days. They left a notice saying ring this number and how much it is to be removed n so on, so we rang and the guy came with nothing more than a over the head badge with a company name and his photo on it wanting silly money to remove it, not knowing that 2 doors up is a police station where we went in and asked if we were parked illegally and with swift reply of the officer we wernt as it was private land! Just says to me that they do take a lend

Tips hat , nice one .

I wouldnt of had the patience and probably just set about the clamper and then rifled his pocked for the key.