What the buggery is going on with Club Lupo

DarkStryder360

I have had issues with my lupo as minor as they are that havin a quick look on club lupo has given me the info to solve my problems and sum! If it's money that is needed to keep this from happening again as at sum point WE r all lupo owners! I'll happily pay a fee to b a member as the info I have received is worth more than a £30-50 a year. VW charge alot ****ing more lol

Cheers garetg

I have had issues with my lupo as minor as they are that havin a quick look on club lupo has given me the info to solve my problems and sum! If it's money that is needed to keep this from happening again as at sum point WE r all lupo owners! I'll happily pay a fee to b a member as the info I have received is worth more than a £30-50 a year. VW charge alot ****ing more lol

Cheers garetg

100% agree with you here buddy. We need an incentive though. I recently joined a Renault forum which only allows access to certain areas without membership, classifieds etc were reserved for members only etc.

I can only speak from experience.

Was brand new to the whole Vw experience as always a ford won't go back now!

My loop was bought as exactly wat it still is a PROJECT!

I wnt forget 1 thing that really ****ing annoyed Nd bugged me everytime i used her was the service light one look on "CL how to" told me exactly wat how y and the whole shebang worth £30 just for that in my opinion

Why have none of you paid premium membership then?

It's very simple to do, click your username at the top of any page and select manage paid subscription from the drop down menu, then select premium membership and send the money via paypal.

:)

I would have gone Premium. But I don't have or want a PayPal account.

Oh my god, get with it...you are about the only person that I know that DOESN'T have paypal! :lol:

I'm sure Matty B wouldn't mind you doing a bank transfer?

I would have gone Premium. But I don't have or want a PayPal account.

We know who you are and know where you live from hacking your internettings. We'll take your money soon enough. Mwahahahahahahahaha.

Please tell me this is a joke

Why would i be joking? The majority of people aren't going to pay the money out of the goodness of their hearts if they can get the same service for nothing!

Why would i be joking? The majority of people aren't going to pay the money out of the goodness of their hearts if they can get the same service for nothing!

With the threat of the site going under, which means no banter/help/advice etc i think people should willingly upgrade. After all its us that will feel the backlash should it come to that.

With the threat of the site going under, which means no banter/help/advice etc i think people should willingly upgrade. After all its us that will feel the backlash should it come to that.

That'd be a bit of a short term fix though. The site cant just keep threatening to close down every time it needs more funding, new members come and go all the time so there wont be a constant stream of money coming in.

I think there is an annual charge for the use of the web space, and so if there is an annual fee to become a member of the forum then that will hopefully work out to cover the cost of the web space rental, and any extra would go towards club stand equipment. It isn't a case of having to keep asking for money throughout the year to keep the site going. Obviously people will sell their Lupo's and not need to renew their membership, but others will join and their subscription will fill the gap. That's how most forums work. But obviously it's voluntary, if you don't want to contribute then don't, if you don't find the info useful then don't, but hopefully you'll be in the minority buddy. It would be useful to know a ball park figure though of how much the charge is for the web space so that all those bothered can see how close or far away we are from the site going off line. Just a suggestion.

Dont get me wrong bud, i am going to contribute now all of this has come out just waiting until next payday as i'm scraping the bottom of the barrel after paying some Christmas debts this month. All i'm saying is that a longer term solution is needed, i can just see this exact same situation coming about next year. Also, like you say, a lot of people (me included) have no idea of the costs of running a forum, so some figures might help put everything into perspective.

To be fair, many forums charge for what CL (MattyB) provides for free, SVAG for example allows only one for sale post at a time for non-paid members and doesn't give access to discounts for non-paid members.

SVAG paid members have also had free entry (and discounted track time) to the last couple of MegaMeets which were located at Knockhill Race Track on a RWYB track day.

So you don't get much more for your money as you are already getting it.

Nobody expects anybody to be out of pocket to run a forum which is well used for social and technical aspects and whilst at the moment nobody is saying that anybody is out of pocket, there may come a day when a pot of money may be needed to keep the forum runnning. There is also an upfront cost to get stickers and t-shirts made up and I think you'll find in many instances that pre-spend comes from admin\Mods own pocket and is recovered as the goods are sold.

...and I note many of those whom reported to be having withdrawal symptoms when CL was down are in fact non-paid members.

No excuse, there's an option that doesn't require paypal. ;):P

Anything that isnt PayPal is fine. Bank transfer, whatever. I just assumed that, considering the multitude of "Sponsor" and "Donation" things are usually PayPal. :lol: