Does the fox have a future in the VW scene?

marcusgrant

Recently i have been thinking that with a bit of work, the fox could look quite good!

I know there are very few modified ones around over here and i wonder that when the prices start to come down more with age, whether they will become quite popular with people into modifying cars, like a large percentage of us are.

I, myself would quite like to be given a few thouands and let loose on one.. i think they could look really special!

So yeah, dicuss really. Do you think they have a future in the VW scene and if so how big?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when they get a little cheaper they will begin to get a following, its a VW and that will count for something! I agree I have seen a few recently that don't look so offensive :lol:

I think part of the Foxes problem has been a lack of a sportier model to act as a halo model. I think this means people will struggle to see it as anything other than a cheap shopping car with a basic interior and an unusually high ride height , this will probably mean that the Fox will end up being an every day car that people will tinker with on low budgets or as an additional car. But as some of the project cars on here show, these often end up being more impressive than show cars that never get use.

There alright but there a bit bland looking. You can make them look good but for around the same money there are much more interesting things that look better. I think as they get cheaper people will buy them more because of the price and then end up tinkering with them to make them look better.

Guest Lauryn

Naw naw naw naw naw.

They are just awful, 3 weeks of driving one was more than enough for me. I dont think anything can save them. They sit SO high standard, it honestly felt so weird, as if I was about to go right through the front window :confused:

arnt they made from egg cartons and pineapples and come from brazil nuts, not for me, read all about the thousands of faults with them,,,,,,ide rather have a fiat chicka things, least when break down u can put them in your pocket and carry them home,,,,,

Guest Lauryn

arnt they made from egg cartons and pineapples and come from brazil nuts, not for me, read all about the thousands of faults with them,,,,,,ide rather have a fiat chicka things, least when break down u can put them in your pocket and carry them home,,,,,

I dont mean to be cheeky but why do you always put ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, in your posts?

It cracks me up! Haha, sorry I had to ask :lol::confused:

i ant a clue, i think its cause im so used to putting kisses at the end in messages and texts it feels strange to leave a blank end lol,,,, here is some more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,x

Guest Lauryn

i ant a clue, i think its cause im so used to putting kisses at the end in messages and texts it feels strange to leave a blank end lol,,,, here is some more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,x

Aww :lol:

Put in the right amount of money and any rubbish car, like the fox, could easily look great but as for the answer to the question it's a great big fat NOPE.

The fox is just too rubbish, it's got no style, look at all the cars that people use in the "VW scene" even standard they're all bloody lush ...

The cars amazingly "plain" and without character... I've seen things like this online:

rdx-racedesign-volkswagen-fox-1.jpg

... but unless you want a VW that looks like an old Fiat Punto with a bodykit on it... I struggle to see the appeal.

I think the low take up from new is the poor engine and high price. There are more credible alternatives for the same money.

so why not just use ..... like normal people would>???? why ,,,,? :lol:

If the 'right person' buys a Fox it will become "scene", because "scene" is a bunch of followers.

This is the only comment with any truth i think! Like Ray says, if the right person/people do one, it could become scene! otherwise i dont think it has a chance.

The cars amazingly "plain" and without character... I've seen things like this online:

rdx-racedesign-volkswagen-fox-1.jpg

... but unless you want a VW that looks like an old Fiat Punto with a bodykit on it... I struggle to see the appeal.

That looks more like a C2 than a Fox.

Dumped on air they might look alright, but that would only be when parked up. Oli's one was alright on the banded steels, but it still wasn't the prettiest thing alive.

Guest Lauryn

Oli had the 'nicest' Fox I've seen but they are seriously hideous cars. I remember when I took it back to VW to pick the Lupo up and the salesman was slagging it off saying it was designed for old people and as a disability car, tbh hes not wrong, they are so unappealing.

looks like there is zero love for the fox :lol:

I still think they could be quite a cool car! Would need a fair bit of work though.

I suppose one of the great things about the lupo is that with just the right drop and wheels they can look awsome.

FOX GTi please.

I have seen some of dem krazeh Belgians do some wicked mods to a Fox, subtle, like Lupo mods. But it does look awful standard, and agreed on the height. Its like... stupid high. Same with the stock Lupo, wtf were they thinking. :wacko: