Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

Loving the new bits Stu B)

Rob Gti said your rear seats are amazing :wub:

Cant wait to see it :D

Ryan

Cheers Ryan! I can't wait to show it to you!! I'l feel much happier when all the little niggles have been ironed out!

Tell you what I am finding though- I'm averaging 80 miles a day in it and it's bloody hard to keep it looking good!

If I get mine even 50% of what yours like I'd be happy! Yours is looking superb!

Bought these a while back to fit either side of the centre console...

80379041.jpg

Another eBay bargain! Audi TT knee rests . It fits in with the theme but I will have to see how it looks with everything else- less is more and all that!

I know it's been done before but I like the look of it , just have to see if it fits the bill!

Edited by One life. Live it!

how much of an ebay bargain where they? see if they were cheaper than my ebay bargain set lol

I got the frames and knee rests for £45? Go on then Jamie - tell me you got them for loads cheaper!!!

:shades:

Oh you can modify a TT foot rest to fit too, did it on mine, matches the Lupo GTI pedals perfect. Knee bars are good, not sure how they look in a std themed Lupo like mine, always think about binning them, but as knee rests they work quite well on long journeys.

Oh you can modify a TT foot rest to fit too, did it on mine, matches the Lupo GTI pedals perfect. Knee bars are good, not sure how they look in a std themed Lupo like mine, always think about binning them, but as knee rests they work quite well on long journeys.

Thanks for that info James- mmmm.. Gonna have to hunt one of those down then!! :lol:

Have you got a pic? And if you don't mind me asking what did you have to modify to make it fit?

Thanks for that info James- mmmm.. Gonna have to hunt one of those down then!! :lol:

Have you got a pic? And if you don't mind me asking what did you have to modify to make it fit?

Std TT Mk1 footrest....

DSCN4289.jpg

Just needs cutting down.....

DSCN4306.jpg

Then screw it on.... I could have done a better job with the cutting, top should have been flush. But with the console in it looks quite good.

DSC00010.jpg

Std TT Mk1 footrest....

DSCN4289.jpg

Just needs cutting down.....

DSCN4306.jpg

Then screw it on.... I could have done a better job with the cutting, top should have been flush. But with the console in it looks quite good.

DSC00010.jpg

Thanks very much James-much appreciated!

I got the frames and knee rests for £45? Go on then Jamie - tell me you got them for loads cheaper!!!

haha 22 quid including postage,

and i had just missed a set that went for 9 quid

Haha perhaps you shouldn't have asked. :rolleyes:

Also nice new parts. ;)

Edited by Scotty1.4

to make the tt bars fit better stu you can pull the spikes out that sit in the rear corners i used some pliers and gave them a good pull saves drilling big holes in your dash ;)

Hats off to you Jamie- it's true what they say about the scots- very canny!! :lol:

please make sure when the tt petrol cap is fitted its sealed properly.. or ull get rust like mine :angry2::wacko:

Hey Gilybob- be interested in any further suggestion on the fitting front. Can't believe you got rust- what a bummer! :wacko:

to make the tt bars fit better stu you can pull the spikes out that sit in the rear corners i used some pliers and gave them a good pull saves drilling big holes in your dash ;)

Good shout Dubsy! Thanks for the info!

Meant to pm you actually- how'd you get on at that show a few weeks back?

We are off to camperjam Friday @ same place dub mania was held- beautiful setting there- can't wait!

Hats off to you Jamie- it's true what they say about the scots- very canny!! :lol:

ya cheeky sod! haha ive had them sitting collecting dust for the best part of a year, so, um i really should fit em or sell em on if some mug will pay 45 quid :P haha

Good shout Dubsy! Thanks for the info!

Meant to pm you actually- how'd you get on at that show a few weeks back?

We are off to camperjam Friday @ same place dub mania was held- beautiful setting there- can't wait!

the show went really well had such a good day in the sun and such a great drive to the lakes the car was covered in people all day i didnt enter the show and shine as i was reping the clubstand but i was told by the organisers it was one of the top 2 cars of the show so im happy with that and a quick pic for you

vag2.jpg

Edited by dubsy

the show went really well had such a good day in the sun and such a great drive to the lakes the car was covered in people all day i didnt enter the show and shine as i was reping the clubstand but i was told by the organisers it was one of the top 2 cars of the show so im happy with that and a quick pic for you

vag2.jpg

Your Lupo is looking VERY nice there Dubsy - you must be well chuffed! Quite a honour to say about top two show cars too!

Glad you enjoyed your show- what's next on the show front?

We are having a nice chilled time here in camperjam! Here's a pic of my van!

956f08c4.jpg

Your Lupo is looking VERY nice there Dubsy - you must be well chuffed! Quite a honour to say about top two show cars too!

Glad you enjoyed your show- what's next on the show front?

We are having a nice chilled time here in camperjam! Here's a pic of my van!

956f08c4.jpg

the van looks awesome stu so much better than tenting it and all the home comforts my next show is the vw festival at leeds one of the best shows there is imo are you going?

the van looks awesome stu so much better than tenting it and all the home comforts my next show is the vw festival at leeds one of the best shows there is imo are you going?

Cheers Man! You're right -loads more comfy in the van!

We did venture further north for some shows last year but keeping the mileage down this year so that's a no to Leeds. We are doing a local show this coming weekend, just for the Sunday. Quite a chilled one- dubs at the castle @ caldicot.

Not too sure on the watercooled shows at present. Got to get my Lupo up to scratch then I can plan which shows to do!

Catch you soon Dubsy! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd better let you know the latest on my loop. It's now gone back in the workshop mainly to further improve the sound setup but also some cosmetic work ready for a show called ICE-T18 which is in oxford next Saturday. The show is a chilled one dayer that showcases some of the uk's (and Europes) best car sound systems- can't wait!

The Lupo is having

1) all carbon replaced as there were little faults throughout

2) rear seat panel trimmed and tidied

3) new front door panels with built in crossover with stealth panels

4) new rear panels and trim

5) adjusted mid speakers

6) new tweeter builds

7) new sound processor setup session

REALLY looking forward not only to the cosmetic improvements but the improvement in the sound setup! Bring it on!!

Latest update..

The Lupo has already had some sound improvements from initial adjustments -cleaner,crisper bass and improved midrange. The crossovers have been connected up to test sounds and frequencies for each.

New lower door panels should be at the workshop tomorrow and then the new ones can be fabricated out of those with the crossovers built in and new carbon (set slightly differently) and leather surround.

c0636562.jpg

Unbelievebly there were some rattles found so MORE sound deadening is being added!!

The distribution unit which sits against the back seat panel has been checked and some of the soldered connections have been redone. There was a loose connection found which I'm praying is the main cause for the electrical issues.

Steering wheel was playing up too but that's been sorted there was a broken wire that was causing the head unit not to actuate but that's fixed.

58c406a1.jpg

more updates very soon!