Stu's Lupo Gti- ICE SQ install/Custom Dash

One life. Live it!

Next update..

Over the last week there has been plenty of listening and adjusting of the sound system. So far there has been some wave diffuser foam put behind the mid bass and sub bass speakers which has brought about better bass response! Cool!

This is the foam

ef073205.jpg

and you can see it within the speaker aperture here

fda85d6d.jpg

To improve the tweeter response they have been taken out of the dash and currently reside in the sail panels behind the door mirrors. The speakers have been place on axis which means they face the driver so you can hear the higher pitch sounds better. It has already improved the width of the sound stage and given a more natural sound.

61fa0576.jpg

still waiting for carbon to be finished along with new door panels.

More to come very soon!

i use that foam stu pretty good stuff as for the tweeters on axis your on to a winner there fella you will start to hear sounds that were distant before having raised the sound stage

Very impressive. Out of interest, where did you get all the work done?

Hi Ben! James (who's direct current on here) did the work. He's got a little workshop in westbury,Wiltshire. He did some work on my transporter when he had his other premises in Bristol. He's a one man band now and does commercial stuff and individuals at his workshop or thier home.

Have you sold your loop yet?

i use that foam stu pretty good stuff as for the tweeters on axis your on to a winner there fella you will start to hear sounds that were distant before having raised the sound stage

Thanks for that carl it's good to hear. Got some more pics to put up later! Looking forward to T-18 tomorrow shame you can't make it. Let us know how your next shows go!

Today more work was done on the fabrication of the tweeter modules that will be attached to the sail panel behind the door mirrors.

1406ff2e.jpg

The had to be set so that each speaker aims at the drivers head.

The first few coats if fibreglass..

33dc17f4.jpg

Shot from rear to see how they sit

6ed1d34f.jpg

The previous tweeter position with surround will be kept just for aesthetics.

Whilst the carbon is being done- which incedently some of the fault was found to be a rogue resin batch- the crossovers for the tweeters and mids are being set into the front door panels.

3e61f808.jpg

811c73b2.jpg

The new tweeter pods are coming on really nicely..

670e0a6a.jpg

82003ad2.jpg

2f17162c.jpg

e57143ae.jpg

The leather has been taken off the dash and new midrange speaker rings put in to angle the sound a bit more

44f95b6d.jpg

1a66d238.jpg

The new aspects of the install are really rockin' now..

The dash has been reshaped in places and adjusted ready for new leather

6af997d5.jpg

7f64dce4.jpg

Tweeter hole is gone on top if dash, midrange speakers have been angled and surfaces reshaped.

75c91a06.jpg

Next pic shows the wiring going through for passive crossovers, which I'm reliably told were a sh#t to do.

8df3fc66.jpg

cdadaf5d.jpg

2a1146be.jpg

The crossovers have been set into the door level with speaker and will have eventually have a stealth panel which will be taken off @ shows. We have talked about having the panel the same shape as the Genesis oval badge.

8213c6d2.jpg

ef713223.jpg

The tweeter builds are turning into a work of art- certainly can't wait to see them with thier final finish on..

969d2e99.jpg

a31d35ae.jpg

Next update very soon! :-)

loving it mate!! this going to be at any shows soon i really want to see it :D

Amazing! Look forward to seeing more B)

Thanks Amber! :D

If all goes to plan I will be able to include pictures of all the new carbon work, new dash, new doorbuilds within the next week! ;)

loving it mate!! this going to be at any shows soon i really want to see it :D

Nice1!! Show wise this month I plan to do wales volksfest and cornwall jamboree. At the moment edition is only a maybe as it's my eldests birthday on the Sunday. I'm trying to persuade her that having her birthday @ edition might be the best option!!

Next to that I'd like to do players!

The plan was to do a lot of the earlier shows this year but it just didn't happen! Next year! B)

Hi Ben! James (who's direct current on here) did the work. He's got a little workshop in westbury,Wiltshire. He did some work on my transporter when he had his other premises in Bristol. He's a one man band now and does commercial stuff and individuals at his workshop or thier home.

Have you sold your loop yet?

I havn't no, dropped the price for the last time to try and get my mates Passat, but if not i shall happily keep it for the time being. We shall see aye?

Loving the new work, tweeter pods look top notch. Definatly wanting to hear this this year!

I havn't no, dropped the price for the last time to try and get my mates Passat, but if not i shall happily keep it for the time being. We shall see aye?

Loving the new work, tweeter pods look top notch. Definatly wanting to hear this this year!

yes Ben be good to hook up! I would gladly give you a demo once is all set up! You'll have to let us know what shows you got planned. Players could be a good shout?

Stu:-)

Don't go to many VW shows these days, they bore the hell out of me.

Will be at Edition no doubt though. When is Players? I don't keep up to date with these things.

Here's the info on players Ben.

http://www.vwplayers.com/players/Show_Info.html

I'm trying to get to edition so might catch up then! :-)

Well, the dash is still in 'makeover' stage- there has been more filling and shaping as in the process of taking the leather off it's changed the surface. James is trying some high density closed cell foam for detailing around the upper dash and the doorcards.

da5425a6.jpg

The new carbon is being collected this week - really looking forward to seeing it. Gone for a different thicker weave which matches the door mirror casings.

The tweeter pods are being collected too which are also going to be in carbon- they are gonna look awesome!

Pics very soon!

Well.. Dash has had all shaping and remodellng done and will have leather and carbon tomorrow. Next pics show the new smoother finish and inserts minus the previous tweeter holes.

09b2758b.jpg

dfb5c892.jpg

45d158a9.jpg

Next pic shows the insert which will have the thicker weave carbon - should look mint!

12c26b4d.jpg

and the insert mated with the custom speaker rings again

0e4798ea.jpg

Cooool :D

Thanks Amber- more to follow! :D

New closed cell foam has given a much smoother appearence, ready for leather.

02cb556e.jpg

942a775f.jpg

Think it's the white against black but reminds me of a stormtrooper!!

f40f7965.jpg

84f8552f.jpg

The new doorbuilds are coming on strong too-

1a201329.jpg

Soon as James has done the leather work and added the carbon and trims il post up.