SNOW

sam bignell

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after a two hour journey to work, i got these off my camera, one from the phone (whilst not going fast at all and the other two from my SLR this morning before i left)

The bypass by ours was crawling but the M6 was fine most of the way, couple of lanes closed but on the whole alright. The east lancs was creeping, though managed it in the end.

The front

DSC00411-W1024.jpg

The back

DSC00413-W1024.jpg

The east lancs

IMG_0329-W1024.jpg

I'll be keeping an eye on the weather so'll we'll see what it's like at hometime.

can imagine that can get a little hairy?!

it did... little off into a shallow ditch... :(

it did... little off into a shallow ditch... :(

Hope you got away with no damage.

About 6 inches here so far and it seems to be getting somewhat heavier.

Suzie the yellow snow plough will be out in force later lol. Damn work.

more snow in the north east today :( also getting a bit sick of it.. managed to crash into a curb doing about 5 mph in a sloped car park due to lack of grip lol.. luckily no damage done just popped the lower half of my front bumper out on one side.. but still the impact seemed harsh lol...

like the pic silver :)

Cheers. First snow fell before Christmas Day on already fozen ground. Big dump on the night of the 26th Dec with a few additions over the week and it hasn't lifted yet. Tempuratures have constantly been below 0 deg C. Only had the Lupo started once and left it running for 45mins.

No chance getting it off the drive :wacko:

We've not seen a plough or gritter in our street since the start.

People are constantly getting stuck, especially the guy next door with his BMW 3 series coupe.

I'm getting a set of skinny wheels\tyres for the Dune next year. The 215 tyres are a bitch in this weather!

:( its a pain in the arse this. i had to walk to my girlfriends this mornin!

my dog finds it funny tho, hes just had ''the snip'' so hes got a cone on his head,

so he scoops up the snow with it, brings it in the house and shakes it everywhere.

and aparently were getting another 5-10 CM ontop of whatever weve got, tonight/today

I just want it to stop.

Over the holiday our street was gritted a couple of time each day and all was well. Now - call me a cyncic - but today no gritting has happened and it's a nightmare. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the double time will now be finished?

Our roads aren't too bad, but I can't get from my drive to the main road 100 yrds away.

I've looked out the "snow socks" that came with the car as tomorrow I've got a "will loose my job if I am not there" meeting at the other end of the M8.

Just so fed up with it...

I just want it to stop.

Over the holiday our street was gritted a couple of time each day and all was well. Now - call me a cyncic - but today no gritting has happened and it's a nightmare. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the double time will now be finished?

if the local authority is running out, they will prioritise different routes, of which yours may not be one

Ive got stuck twice today because the snows just too deep for a slammed lupo, its literally a snow plough :rolleyes: All the snow just builds up underneath and stops the car dead so it wont move back or forward, time to get the shovel out :lol:

DSC00146.jpg

Feckin ABS on my Skoda is lethal. Twice on the way home I was happily braking when the lovely person thing cut in and basically stopped all braking effect at all! Much pedal swapping then ensues to try and get the system to turn off so I can try and slow the car down again. This is all happening at 10mph! After starting slowing down for a junction about 70m from it, I ended up having to just drive out without stopping because I just couldn't stop the ABS cutting in. It was like that scene from Austin Powers with the steam roller!

Edited by ArosaMike

We've had some snow here which has settled a little bit. Apparently Swindon and Wiltshire will be getting hit tonight and all through the night until tomorrow morning.. will see what it's like in the morning then!

We've had some snow here which has settled a little bit. Apparently Swindon and Wiltshire will be getting hit tonight and all through the night until tomorrow morning.. will see what it's like in the morning then!

I just moved over the county line to Wiltshire - white and frosty here, back at my mums just the other side they've hardly any snow at all! Explain that one.....

I'm beginning to be very unamused by the snow now too - it was fine over Christmas but now I have to go back to work I am not having fun. I live on one lot of high ground, and work is on top of another hill - I have to drive through a valley to get to it! :angry2:

The main routes are fine (they have buses bumbling along them so are gritted right to the bitter end) but my house is in a dip so it's a slope out in either direction. If it gets much more snowy or icy the arosa will be stuck at my house about 500 yards from a perfectly clear main road :lol:

Edited by lunalupi

if the local authority is running out, they will prioritise different routes, of which yours may not be one

They hadn't cleaned *any* roads - the main ones were clear*ish) due to the volume of traffic.

I just remember noticing that they were coming round at 5:30am and again around 3pm over Christmas and thinking to myself "that'll be time and a half at least." And now we're back to normal pay rates and the gritters have gone (suddenly a rise in sickness, or a lack of motivation to make it into work, dare I say). Sky were reporting that we have 8 days of grit left.

Just hate this weather. Used to love it as a kid!

still none here! im gutted i want it to snow sooooo bad, we havent had any!

Its strange!

As lunalupi said a couple of miles down the road and it's not as white. I was working near stroud today and theres bucket loads, yet in bristol the grass is hardly white . . . .

I'm regretting asking for snow, I've got exams next week and I'll just sledge and play on the PS3 laugh.gif

Night sledging = pure adrenaline rush . . . . you just can't see whats coming nor how steep it is eek.gif